Jamiroquai Robotic Helmet Build

Calmac12

IMG_0909.JPGIMG_0910.JPGIMG_0920.JPGIMG_0922.JPG

Hi,

Thought I'd share some pics of a project I'm working on. Some of you may recognise it from the Automaton Jamiroquai Music video.
The base is made from 10mm thick Eva foam, it uses 15 servos and 85 neopixel leds, the blades are made from foam board and opaque plastic. It's all held together with hot glue.
I have buttons to control the blade movement. There are two Arduinos powering the thing, one for lights, one for the servos. There is a PCA board that lets me control multiple servos easily.

Let me know what you think, I'm now trying to hard solder everything together and make a hand controller. Cable management on this thing has been a nightmare!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amazing build.
I want to build one for myself and my son.
I have the time until November. Because whe're going to the concert.
Would love to see more details.

Hmm good point. I got it into my head early on I would have problems with the servos and neopixels. I'll give that library a try though it could simplify things nicely.

This thing is so badass! I saw your Daft Punk build, but (pardon the massive understatement) that's "only" lights... is this your first time doing stuff with servos?

Thanks for the kind words guys! I've been fiddling around with servos for some time on RC cars and planes, this is the first big servo project for me however.
Ill put up some more pics when I have it completely finished, still some tidying up to do.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back