James Bond YOLT Gyrojet bullets

Kleynen

My new replica Gyrojet bullets. 100% solid copper. Dimensions 99% accurate.
Made some extra for my friends.
gyrojetbullet1.jpg

gyrojetbullet2.jpg

gyrojetbullet3.jpg

Hope you like them :love

WOW, Really, thank you Christof :) very kind of you.

I would put them in the junkyard mate, very nice addition to the Bond collection, I will see about getting us some plaques made for them.

These are fantastic and the perfect size for my collection. Please reserve one for me when you are ready to sell them.
Cheers.

Nicely done. Wondering if it would make sense to cut a line to show/mimic separation of the bullet and the casing?

Tim

Arg! Here I am trying to be accurate for a real gun, not thinking movie frame of mind, sorry. :$ That makes sense, but technically not possible for one of those to fire. :)

Tim

Actually it is the only way it can fire, as the whole cartridge is the bullet. The four holes you see in the tail are the exhaust vents for the rocket exhaust, the primer is in the center like with a conventional cartridge.

Some info on the Gyrojet: Modern Firearms - MBA Gyrojet pistol & Gyrojet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A couple of videos from the History Channel showing the ammo and the Gyrojet in operation: YouTube - ‪Gyro Rocket Pistol‬‎ & YouTube - ‪Gyro Rocket Pistol "GyroJet"‬‎

I believe that the two major problems with the Gyrojet were the long burn time, and the Rube Goldberg ignition system. The design was not conducive to accuracy. I've often wondered how the Gyrojet would do with a better weapon design and a projectile that used one of the high energy propellants that were developed for the Brilliant Pebbles program.

David.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back