Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Jackie, there's no doubt that ya got some mad skills /w/ blender brah awesome work. Tribalgrind an Quadavarius srry if I mispelled your username brah, have both built MK8's out of foam from scratch they're both lookin' awesome. Keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot (IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post!

Helmet looks great! Good luck with the file headaches, half the time when I fix the problem I can't figure out what I did differently.
Wish we could get more reference pictures; hard to model what you can't see lol.

Last edited:

Thats awesome! And believe me i hear ya. All of these files are hard to model using the VERY few pics that have been released. But that gun looks really awesome

i cant believe the amount of progress thats been made based on the few pics we have to work off of.
im hoping the studios will give us some new pics to salivate over.

@jackieisrockin
can you release a 1 pep file with all the parts, when you finished this amazing pep?? for those people who wants to make a 1:1 ratio of iron patriot :D

*i think 6 feet tall right?

You know how everyone says not to build the helmet first? Yeah. Same goes for. Modeling. The Iron Man helmet is a ***** to model! Mostly the face plate.

I have been banging my head against your helmet all damn day! I am at a loss. but i think its because i am working with the *.obj imported BACK into blender. I think with the various conversions the errors in the original file may be lost. I need the original blender file to go any farther.
on a side note, your helmet does look really great!

@jackieisrockin
can you release a 1 pep file with all the parts, when you finished this amazing pep?? for those people who wants to make a 1:1 ratio of iron patriot :D

*i think 6 feet tall right?

Thanks! And dont worry i modeled it so when its all done, all of the different files will be able to be imported into pepakura as one whole war machine :). However i do recommend (for a suit you will wear not a statue) to scale the parts according to your proportions. My Mk VI scales were all over the place (Chest/back/abs were about 25, legs were 21, cod/hip pods were about 26, arms were about 20.) It just all depends on how you want it to fit you. But if you just want a 1:1 statue, scaling shouldnt be a problem :).

You know how everyone says not to build the helmet first? Yeah. Same goes for. Modeling. The Iron Man helmet is a ***** to model! Mostly the face plate.

I agree 100% it was a pretty hard thing to model. But i think that might have been one of the hardest parts so the rest shouldnt be as bad :)

Helmet has been fixed! Thanks to ruze789, he helped me fix the helmet 3d file(and pretty fast as well). The file has been sent to IronLeoMan to be unfolded!

Iron Patriot!
View attachment 127277

Ill post when it is available for download. It should be pretty soon :)

However this is the basic version. Last night while editing the basic version into the HD version, in my personal opinion, i noticed that it would be INSANELY hard to pep. The front, back, and sides have VERY fine and thin detain lines that would be very hard to pep, perhaps too hard.
So i was thinking that maybe i should only have the basic version since the HD might be too hard to pep. But remember, its not my decision. Its all of yours out there. If you want, i can post some pictures to show you what im talking about and if you all still want the HD version, ill try to get that going for ya :)

Helmet file coming soon!

Thanx for the hard work once again. You're awesome man...GM

Helmet has been fixed! Thanks to ruze789, he helped me fix the helmet 3d file(and pretty fast as well). The file has been sent to IronLeoMan to be unfolded!

Iron Patriot!
View attachment 127277

However this is the basic version. Last night while editing the basic version into the HD version, in my personal opinion, i noticed that it would be INSANELY hard to pep. The front, back, and sides have VERY fine and thin detain lines that would be very hard to pep, perhaps too hard.
So i was thinking that maybe i should only have the basic version since the HD might be too hard to pep. But remember, its not my decision. Its all of yours out there. If you want, i can post some pictures to show you what im talking about and if you all still want the HD version, ill try to get that going for ya :)

Helmet file coming soon!

I think sticking with the basic helmet for now is good; you can revisit the hd pep later if you want a break from working on other parts lol. For my part, I will try to get an instructables or youtube video together showing how I add the fine details/ panel lines/ etc. on my parts after the pepakuras have been assembled and reinforced. Adding 1/16X1/8" deep panel trough detail on a curved helmet surface is a h*ll of a lot easier than trying to fold out and glue those pepakura pieces (I have big fingers too lol)

Looking great as always!

Iron Patriot!
View attachment 127277

Helmet file coming soon!

Well lets see the advanced helmet. I think i would want the most accurate one. Thanx... GM

This thing is coming together so fast--you guys are doing an amazing job!

Personally I've never been interested in the self-inflicted torture involved with super-HD pepakura files... I barely have the patience to finish building a normal file, I've always preferred to spend time doing the detail work afterwards as opposed to countless hours with tiny tabs and folds.

Awesome job on the helmet, by the way! I didn't have much interest in making one of these until I was playing around with your model, and it has very much grown on me after that.

Ipreffer hd...but any will do..great job...

firstly let me say THANK YOU!!!!!!!! unfortunately modelers doing this kind of quality work for free seems to be really rare these days :( i for one would like to take a crack at pepping the hd version. i pepped zabana's hand file so i feel like anything is possible hehe i've become a bit of a stickler for the details lately. speaking of which can i respectfully ask if the upper torso file will be updated to add some of the ridges in the collar bone/ shoulder area? (around those squareish bits ) dose anyone follow me? i can try to post a pic if i'm losing everyone.

Iron Patriot!
View attachment 127277

Helmet file coming soon!

need to do something today bro. mind if you pass the file so i could unfold it for foam? been waiting for this all week so i can star this new suit project next week.:love::thumbsup

Glad the helmet is fixed. Wish I could have been more help. Ruze, mind telling me what was wrong with it and how you fixed it??

I wouldn't mind just the basic version.
I'd prefer just having the base helmet to work on. Doesn't look too far off anyway.

amazing work guys. This is unreal. As others have stated. Just incredible with such little reference pics.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back