Jack Sparrow BACK TATTOO...

Came home from vacation a few days ago, I'm behind on what goes on up here. I really like what you're doin' here. Looks great!

The actual prints on canvas/parchment will likely be around $40 each (shipped). I'm still looking into the means of doing large temp-tattoos, for those interested.

Ok, I've talked to a local company that specializes in temp tattoos, but the largest size they can go is A4 (basically a sheet of paper), so the image would have to be broken up into four pieces. A full set (of just the back tattoo, but I could look into doing the arm ones as well) would be around $80 (shipped). The other thing is I'd have to do a run of at least 50 sets. Not sure if there is enough interest for that... Let me know what you guys think.

Kind regards,
Indy

I have to say I'm impressed with everyone doing there research on this! :) Iv been trying to get better screenshots of this tattoo for a long time! I think you should continue with this and i would be interested to see the final result on this back tattoo! I would love to get an actual print of this! :love

Cheers Clarkø!

Hello Guys i registered on this website just to post some info i found i hope it helps: first of all many fans believe this is totally canonical, now the info i found is the back tatto is a 15 century poem called ''desiderata'' The Full poem Is :-

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy. :thumbsup

I'm finally finished!!!

DesiderataFINAL-sample.jpg

I'll be doing a run of these shortly, printed on canvas, ready to be framed. Stay tuned...

It looks good but I think the bottom part might be upsidedown (archs look like they sould be on bottom and the straight edge should be under the text).

Yeah, the original design was like that, but you can see that they are flipped in the actual tattoo (seen in the extra features on the DVD).

Ok, I've talked to a local company that specializes in temp tattoos, but the largest size they can go is A4 (basically a sheet of paper), so the image would have to be broken up into four pieces. A full set (of just the back tattoo, but I could look into doing the arm ones as well) would be around $80 (shipped). The other thing is I'd have to do a run of at least 50 sets. Not sure if there is enough interest for that... Let me know what you guys think.

Kind regards,
Indy

have you seen this stuff Make your own tattoos and body art using your Inkjet printer.

I'd love to order a print, unfortunately I can't see your final version yet. I have to wait I guess since I'm new here.

Your sample looked awesome though!

I've got one of these Desiderata prints on canvas that has a tiny bit of wrinkling at the bottom. If you framed it, you probably wouldn't notice it or... if you're planning on doing an aged version, it doesn't matter. I could ship it for half the usual price ($32.50 instead of $65... shipping included). Only have one.

-Indy

I contacted the source of those photos. Let's see if we can get any better shots. The good news is that I've sourced the exact same font used for the text, so at least that is covered!

What is the exact font used? Do you happen to have a name or link to it? I’m doing an homage to Captain Jack’s piece but with a different piece of text but I’ve looked high and low for the font with low luck

What is the exact font used? Do you happen to have a name or link to it? I’m doing an homage to Captain Jack’s piece but with a different piece of text but I’ve looked high and low for the font with low luck

I forget the name, but it's the same font used for The Simpsons!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back