Jack Sparrow BACK TATTOO...

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm planning on doing a reconstruction of Jack Sparrow's back tattoo but can't find many good images. I found this one on-line:

MEhrmann.jpg

This seems to be from a special feature from the AWE DVD, but I only have the film, not the bonus disc. Could someone go through and see if you can find more images of this? I have the text already, but really need a better shot of the left circle design and the ones near the bottom. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Magnoli

Last edited:
Re: Screen Grab Request: PotC: AWE special features

Loosen the purse strings and buy the Special Edition, Indy!
Lol, I'd love to help but don't even own the movie...
You getting a back piece??

N.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered a copy. Just thought I'd see if anyone could do a quick snap job for me. Oh well.

My plan is to draw up the back and have it printed on aged parchment textured paper like my Middle Earth map. I thought it'd make a cool not-so-obvious prop.

I still think someone should offer this in temporary tattoo version!!!

Well, there's no reason why, once I'm done with my master, I couldn't print it off onto temporary tattoo paper in several sections. ;)

The tattoo stuff was on display somewhere, sometime...

b5a53b59.jpg

I'm into google-mode every now and then (aren't we all?), as soon as I find something useful, I'll let you know,

Cheers

The tattoo stuff was on display somewhere, sometime...

b5a53b59.jpg

I'm into google-mode every now and then (aren't we all?), as soon as I find something useful, I'll let you know,

Cheers

This picture was taken at the "80th Academy Awards Makeup Symposium" but i have not been able to find another picture...

Unbelievable! That is EXACTLY what I need. Come on google...

It looks like the flat image of the back tattoo is reversed, maybe this is the "original" image of the temp tattoo stuck on the back (since they have to be mirrored). Interesting...

Oh man, ain't it just killer when you know and see the perfect thing you want is out there
and you can't find a way to get it!!
Sure hope a high res close up of that display turns up somewhere!

Meanwhile, back at the farm--I have these screen grabs 1280X534.......

JBT5.jpg

The Larger Versions:
JBT1
JBT2
JBT3
JBT4
......until some scores the display shot!!

Shylaah

Oh man, ain't it just killer when you know and see the perfect thing you want is out there
and you can't find a way to get it!!
Sure hope a high res close up of that display turns up somewhere!
Shylaah

I know how that feels :lol...

I don't remember where the pic I posted came from, but looks like a visitors snapshot, might as well be a member here. So if anyone up here recognises the photo, please help us out...

Well, I should have the DVDs this week. I'll go through the extra features and see if I can't find something better.

Photos from that display MUST be somewhere. Let's keep digging!

I contacted the source of those photos. Let's see if we can get any better shots. The good news is that I've sourced the exact same font used for the text, so at least that is covered!

Sorry for sharing the link through pm only to Indy, but if to many of us starts contacting, we might throw them off. Let's hope they're kind people willing to help...

Interested in how this progresses as well!
I somehow got a higher resolution of what the Librarian posted:
12013-tattoo.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back