Jack Skellington for Halloween

chewierip

So working in retail some fool had the idea that we should dress up for Halloween, and seeing as it's a family shop it shouldn't scare the kids too much..... So it will be Jack, at least that's the plan.

First thing I wanted to do was create the height - so I managed to rustle up these bad boys on ebay for just over £30:

I was planning on making the mask from chicken wire and paper mache, but then a friend offered me an old beach ball which fit just nicely!

Managed to find some cheap plaster bandages and progress was overnight :)

Last edited:
Awesome! I went to a costume contest last year, and the first place winner was jack skellington, this was his costume

770B68A5-0B27-49DB-822D-A54A85446485-3550-0000016C05F691C9.jpg

I used plumbers putty to build up the brows and the nose, resined it to give it some strength and then painted it - white auto spray paint and black acryllics

Wow...this is looking very good, for being an off-the-cuff quick costume build. What are you going to do for pants to cover your stilts? Do you have any time to make Jack's dog, Zero, as an accessory?

Can't wait to see how you keep progressing.
Great job!
:thumbsup

Wow...this is looking very good, for being an off-the-cuff quick costume build. What are you going to do for pants to cover your stilts? Do you have any time to make Jack's dog, Zero, as an accessory?

Can't wait to see how you keep progressing.
Great job!
:thumbsup

Thanks :) I have some old black curtains which I'm gonna destroy to cover the stilts - and funny you should mention Zero - I have some spare cloth and plan to attach him to a staff, quick mess about with some stuffing and elastic bands as a test run below....

Ok going hell for leather to get this finished for tomorrow, but here's a small Zero update - scrapped the idea of stuffing apart from the nose. Made a skull, ears, spine and front paws from chicken wire, skinned with Duct tape and then hot glued fabric on - plan is to attach the lead to Jack's staff so he will follow me around :p

Brilliant! It looks awesome.
Oh and I went to a costume contest last night, and guess who showed up, the aforementioned Jack from last year, I knew I had lost the moment I saw him.

But after talking to him and seeing his costume up close, it wasn't really
All that great, and yours looks ALOT better than his.

Your Zero turned out charmingly! And you look amazing! You did a really fine job. I just love Jack Skellington. I'll bet you'll be wearing that for years to come.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back