Its a Star Wars October . . .

I was hoping for an update! Very interested in these ideas you have here, and great execution on them! My girlfriend and I would love these parties of yours!

Last edited:
So I worked a bit on my costume pieces today. I have decided to go with an Episode VII-ish X-Wing pilot Costume. I say "ish" because I am not typically one that sticks too close to Film Accuracy when working on props and such. Of Course in some things I try as much as possible, but I really prefer to just "play around" in the Star Wars universe. Making something out of nothing and hoping it has that "Star Wars Feel" to it you know? It tends to be my creative outlet. So for this costume I thought I would use the Poe Dameron look as a base, but make some adjustments.

The first thing I wanted to do was design my own "chest box" for the character. I really dig the one from the film, and it would be simple enough, but I also like the look and feel of the OT pilot boxes of both Rebels and Empire. So I did a little mixing of films and this is what I came up with. Thoughts?

22103016405_595de5af6f_c.jpg

22103018375_da69fd495f_c.jpg

21481879313_5486587d93_c.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far. I'd like to incorporate a couple of LEDs, we'll see if I have time:wacko

The other aspect of the costume is the helmet. Now, this is not by any stretch the correct helmet, but it is one that I bought several months ago to use with my ATV. So I thought, "what the heck, lets use it and see what I can do." Now, it is not entirely finished yet, but so far I think it could work.

21767266301_d5ef263740_c.jpg

Sorry, I didn't get many progress shots:facepalm

21916096109_8420820622_c.jpg

21480171454_c64b368310_c.jpg

22113067291_e5f0ae81e3_c.jpg

21480167624_3261f3dd05_c.jpg

Thanks for looking . . . Stay tuned!

Azheat, I am definitely going to be hitting you up on the material you used for the hands on your 1:1 build, or feel free to respond here if you see this before I get a message to you.

No problem, love the chest box and helmet!

Here's what I did for my Jawa hands. I used a 1/2" schedule 40 connector, medium gauge copper wire, some rubber caps, and 5 minute epoxy putty. I bought a pair of children's gloves from Target for $1.00. I then cut the wires to length and hot glued the rubber tips on. The wire is held into the pipe with 5 minute epoxy putty; they won't budge no matter how many times you re-position them. Just be sure to pack the epoxy in there good as to not leave any air cavities, The first time I tried this I didn't pay attention to that and since you have to use so much force to bend the wire, I cracked the putty after it hardened.

jawa19.jpg

jawa20.jpg

I then loosely wrapped each finger with duck tape to bulk them up, don't wrap them too tight, they'll be hard to bend. I also built up the palms and wrists (not pictured). The gloves fit nicely and they feel sturdy.

jawa21.JPG

jawa22.JPG

After that I finalized the grip, it held the blaster perfectly. I'm real happy with how these turned out. I used pliers to bend the fingers to the right position, that's how thick the copper wire is I used. They won't move a bit. There's a hundred ways to do hands, but this worked the best for me and I never had to worry about the blaster falling out. I'm sure with your creativity you'll find a way to refine this so it's even better!

jawa27.JPG

jawa28.JPG

jawa29.JPG

Looking forward to more progress pics!

Last edited:
Love the chest box! NAILED IT!

EDIT: Would love to see some LEDs in the small round indent of the rockers! :)

Last edited:
No problem, love the chest box and helmet!
Looking forward to more progress pics!

Thanks brother, appreciate the feedback and the supply list. I'll be heading out for it tomorrow!

Can't wait to see the pics from the party - I want an invite!!!;)

It looks like it might be a long trip for you:)

Love the chest box! NAILED IT!

EDIT: Would love to see some LEDs in the small round indent of the rockers! :)

Well my friend, there will be LEDs, but I didn't plan on them being in the rockers. Great, now I have to evaluate this thing! Thanks alot man!:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Now here's a dude who "gets" what Star Wars should look like! Awesome.

Thanks cayman, much appreciated!

Ok folks. I cranked pretty hard on the Bar today. There are a few short cuts here, things I am doing just so it is usable for the party, but for the most part I'm pretty happy. There is not much "Star Wars" on this phase, but I am hoping by tomorrow night I'll have some cool stuff to show you guys.

22250150382_fab8daf4df_c.jpg

22236918756_56b05c9005_c.jpg

22076126549_d459499367_c.jpg

22076124799_f05b7bc110_c.jpg

22262985285_99f44b5955_c.jpg

It was a painting day, along with a few Greeblies and dressing up the Jawa which my wife has affectionately named "Jeeter"

22104675489_13068694ee_c.jpg
\

22265467856_1bcd314cc8_c.jpg

22104676259_cc566cbaf1_c.jpg

I had to change the skull i was using, the other one was way to big. This one works pretty well though.

22278602012_bb9cdb13d8_c.jpg

22104674119_3feb1fea76_c.jpg

I am waiting to see you put some hands on that little dude. Always the challenge for pvc duct tape mannequins for me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back