* Issue resolved* Need help with EFX AOTC Clone captain battery holder for rear fin light

Cenobyte

Sr Member
Hello, I went to turn on the light on the back of my Episode 2 AOTC Clone Captain helmet, and the light did not come on.
I opened the removable battery holder, and found that some of the wires inside that connects the on/off switch to the batteries had disconnected because the solder had broken.
I connected a temporary wire from the switch to the battery connector, and the light does work.
I am writing to find out if anyone knows which battery holder that was used, or how to get a 2-AAA replacement battery holder for the helmet.
As it has a plug to disconnect/connect it to the lights on the back, I am hoping to get a replacement so I can turn it on when displaying it. I am posting as I cannot find another one of these
I emailed EFX, but unfortunately they have no information on it as the helmet is 10+ years old.
This is a photo of what I am trying to find.
Thank you.
Brandon

Last edited:
I contacted EFX, and they do not know what switch and connector was used, or where to find a replacement, as the helmet is over 10 years old.
I ended up fixing the one I had as I searched for 2 days, and asked friends in the prop community for help finding one.
I was able to find the battery holder that has an on/off switch with a female connector on it (the same connector that is coming from the lights) all over, but no one carried them with the male connector.
So if anyone has this issue, you need to buy a
2-AAA battery holder with an on/off switch, and a male JST locking connector, and solder then together.
I ended up buying a new battery holder, and connected the male connector from the original one to the new battery holder with on/off switch.
Worked perfectly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back