Is there a small Vader Tie Fighter model or toy?

Joker

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is there a small Darth Vader Tie Fighter model or accurate toy about the size of the Action Fleet DV Tie? I had to sell my Code 3 last year due to size but would like to display a Tie Fighter in the case with my full size Vader helmet. I looked at the Action Fleet on epay and the scale looks pretty good but I would like to know if there's something more accurate? I am physically disabled so I can't work on a model unless it snaps together. Thank you.

For small, there's always the Baindai Vehicle Model version. Comes with a regular TIE too. I don't know how big the action fleet one is....

What Antsnest said.

If you want something a little larger, Bandai's 1/72 scale is still pretty small. Only about 3 3/8 inches wing length and about 3 and 1/2 inches wide.

Last edited:
That Bandai ship looks really good, thank you.

I had all of the original trilogy Action Fleet in the mid and late 90's and I think all of the Vader variations were about 4 inches long although the width on them changed.
actionfleet1.jpg

The 1/72 Bandai TIE Advanced is nearly the same identical scale as the old Acton Fleet vehicles, with the Action Fleet being a tad smaller and highly inaccurate in terms of detail.

Action Fleet vehicles from what I remember where around 1/57 to 1/65 range give or take

Over here, the Action Fleet Vader tie is listed a 1/51

The closest size wise with great detail would be the Bandai 1/72. Easy to build and you do not even have to paint it

Something noticeably larger would be the AMT kit which is around 1/36 scale
This is a glue kit that will have to be painted

There is also the Revell Kit that is nearly the same 1/36 scale, but be careful it is not the "pocket" version as that is much smaller
The Revell kit is a snap kit molded in color as well, but is missing some surface details and has a wildly inaccurate sized hatch on top

The Bandai looks good. Much better than Action Fleet and the AMT kit would be too big. Thanks everyone.

And if you're looking for a decent toy ... perhaps the Deagostini Darth Vader's Tie Advanced x 1 is a nice alternative, though it has no glass window and is smaller than 4 inches yet it is made from die-cast metal ... here are some pictures from a current ebay sale :

Deagostini-Darth-Vaders-Tie-Advanced-x-1-Starships-01.jpg

Deagostini-Darth-Vaders-Tie-Advanced-x-1-Starships-02.jpg

Deagostini-Darth-Vaders-Tie-Advanced-x-1-Starships-03.jpg

Deagostini-Darth-Vaders-Tie-Advanced-x-1-Starships-04.jpg

Here's what it looks like out of the display box :

Deagostini-Darth-Vaders-Tie-Advanced-x-1-Starships-05.png

Chaïm

The Deagostini looks good too but the Bandai seems like it might be easier to assemble and it might be at my local Hobby Lobby. With the case though it makes me miss my heavy Code 3.
tie2.jpg

The Code3 Tie fighter was a pretty nice piece. Sadly, I no longer have room to display mine since we moved.

May have to get a smaller version.

The Code 3 Tie Fighter is a great item. It was huge compared to the others but I wished it had a little wear to it but after seeing some of the X-Wings I was glad they didn't try.

I can't do the Action Fleet again. I grew up with the OT and have always dug them and I have no urge for a Boba Fett Starship or whatever from The Book Of Boba Fett. Make the Slave 1 from Empire. Back when it started it was just the OT and easy to find and I think the hardest thing I had to do was send off for the Dagobah X-Wing so good luck to the people that collect these.

The Code 3 Tie Fighter is a great item. It was huge compared to the others but I wished it had a little wear to it but after seeing some of the X-Wings I was glad they didn't try.

I can't do the Action Fleet again. I grew up with the OT and have always dug them and I have no urge for a Boba Fett Starship or whatever from The Book Of Boba Fett. Make the Slave 1 from Empire. Back when it started it was just the OT and easy to find and I think the hardest thing I had to do was send off for the Dagobah X-Wing so good luck to the people that collect these.
Look into the new Jazwares line of ships, quite similar to Action Fleet.

The Jazware might be an option, thanks. I like the Bandai but I saw a video and it's like a regular model and in my situation I can't put it together.

I was over by Target on Wednesday the 3rd and stopped by and they just put up the display and Micro Galaxy ships. I wasn't crazy about the Vader Tie Fighter pix on Amazon but it looks better in person. It was $16.99. The only thing I had a small issue with was no stand but it's a Tie Fighter so it sits fine.

Thanks for all the advice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back