Ironman Mark 1 Back Mechanical Elements

Jason_E

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am in a bit of a hurry up and wait...months...for the last elements of my Arc Reactor and am thinking I will use the time to good use and start laying out the back mechanics for a Mark 1.

With all of the mark 3/4/5... I figure going back to basics might be a fun project.

In classic rpf CSI fashion I was wondering if there were any motorbike/scooter experts out there that might know which 8 coil magneto this is? I have been searching around the net like a mad man but havent come across any outer casing that is close. All of the ones found so far seem to be completely enclosed....yet this one almost appears to have a clear case exposing the interior. If I can't find "THE" one...I guess its a scratch build....so the request is a bit specific in nature.

Would love to make this an open source design....picking away at the proper fixtures, fittings, relays, etc. All of the other armour seems to have tons of dedicated fans with a great deal of info available...from what I have seen not too much on the Mark 1.

The obvious one is the small propane tank...which is where I am starting with size/scale.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Also, if my browsing skills are lacking and there is a "MARK 1 tons of info...get it while its hot..." site that is out there....if you can post a link that would be great.

I will be starting a "POST YOUR MARK 1" picture thread as well in an effort to see if there are some obscure pics out there.

Have a great weekend.

Jason

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back