Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

Small update...more parts added. Shutters, crotch etc. Also installed some of the lighting.

IMG_0830.JPG

Question.. during the filler and primer stage, did you get weird lines showing through the primer, even though the part was smooth underneath? I'm not sure if this is caused by uneven drying or what.. but it's definitely not print lines.

Oh so jealous! That's some serious engineering there!!! Man that looks great! So you're missing what .. the under shoulder bells and?
Yeah, in this photo I'm missing those bells, hand plates, ears and neck details. Since then I found some large earth magnets to attach those hand plates...a bit of dremeling on the shoulders and it's paint time.

Question.. during the filler and primer stage, did you get weird lines showing through the primer, even though the part was smooth underneath? I'm not sure if this is caused by uneven drying or what.. but it's definitely not print lines.

I've never had that problem. Are you using "filler primer"? I pretty much smooth using spot putty, cheapo primer, then filler primer and wet sand before paint. Can you take a photo?

I've never had that problem. Are you using "filler primer"? I pretty much smooth using spot putty, cheapo primer, then filler primer and wet sand before paint. Can you take a photo?

Yea, I was using filler + sandable primer after the spot putty. I ended up fixing it by using coarser grit sandpaper. The lines were practically impossible to see with my phone camera even with good lighting. I think it was mere fractions of a millimeter difference in thickness that couldn't be sanded when I was using 600 grit.

Hey, bro, I'm learning how to model my own Iron Man armor. Can you send me a copy of the movie's CGI file? I mean the original CGI file used in the movie

Hey you guys with 1 post .. welcome to the RPF.
As a general rule of thumb, your first post should be about yourself and introducing you, your passion and some of the stuff you like, did or built.

One of the worst case scenario is to come in and ask for files on the forum. Take your time to read the thread and you'll see that the files are not to be given away. Have fun exploring and maybe you'll come over some free files offered somewhere but this is a build thread and should stay as such!

Enjoy Ken's build!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back