Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

kenlandrum

Sr Member
Small update: I had to redesign the finger joints... they all use cap heads and lock nuts now and are fully adjustable without losing the pose. Also designed spring loaded adjustable wrists and elbows. The elbow adjustments are hidden under the armor caps. Also made some little rings to attach the elbow armor and allow it to rotate as well.

armature.jpg elbow.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First paint test.
mk3 paintTets.jpg

97% smoothed and ready to paint after the armature is completed!
....more to come.

godproject

I modeled a ball joint that you can 3d print and is sized to attach to PVC jsut for a project like this if you would like the STL. After looking more closely at your joint I am digging the wingnut and teeth configuration. I am betting yours will work better for your application.

Last edited:

shenphong

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I modeled a ball joint that you can 3d print and is sized to attach to PVC jsut for a project like this if you would like the STL. After looking more closely at your joint I am digging the wingnut and teeth configuration. I am betting yours will work better for your application.

I think a lot of us with PVC mannequins would love to print out something like this for our builds!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.