Iron Man Mk V "Legacy Effects Version" Helmet 3D Model

GhostMinion Dirtsen hit it right on the money, working with quads will do away with the pinching. However, I'm not sure about blender, but in 3ds max, the tris to quads option can delete some edges that you want, so I'm not sure if there is a way in blender to preview which edges it will delete to make quads, but you may look into that, otherwise you can be worse off, and it can be hard to figure out where the problems are after conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GhostMinion Dirtsen hit it right on the money, working with quads will do away with the pinching. However, I'm not sure about blender, but in 3ds max, the tris to quads option can delete some edges that you want, so I'm not sure if there is a way in blender to preview which edges it will delete to make quads, but you may look into that, otherwise you can be worse off, and it can be hard to figure out where the problems are after conversion.

Thanks for the advice my friend! :thumbsup Now, what I'm wondering is will working with quads make the pep version easier, too? From the numerous peps I've done, it always seemed like the less edges (within reason) the easier the unfold and assembly would be. Less edges to actually crease on the paper parts. Am I on the right train of thought there?

Working with quads will definitely make the pep easier. However, as you're probably aware, the most important thing in a pep is the number of polys, low number of polys is good for pep. However, equally as important for a good pep is the placement of those polygons, which is where topology comes in. Having a good topology flow will really help with the 3d print model and the pep model!

So.............just a thought here guys. And I know it's still early on, but...............anybody got dibs on the unfold for pep? Paper? Foam?

A simple comparison, I kick the urge to do so, and this model will be available for all, ready to print, free for all :)

MkV-Helmet-Screen-vs-SDCC.jpg

Iron Man proyect

Iron Man P.Saunders proyect design

Last edited:
Been working on the pep version of this today guys. I'll have some updates and renders tonight. :) Keep in mind I don't have to change the jaw or ear pods at all for the pep, they're ready to go, so I just need to finish the main helmet, and it'll be ready for unfold and release. I will eventually play around with making the "back door" separate too, but I will release a first version where the back is solid to the main helmet.

I am still looking for a foam unfolder too............

Almost done with the pep version. Once it's ready, off to streetsoul for paper unfolding! Still looking for someone to unfold for foam.

LEMKVWIP5_zps5675e59e.png
[/URL][/IMG]

LEMKVWIP6_zpsb1ecccab.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost done with the pep version. Once it's ready, off to streetsoul for paper unfolding! Still looking for someone to unfold for foam.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/chrisjackson762/LEMKVWIP5_zps5675e59e.png
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/chrisjackson762/LEMKVWIP6_zpsb1ecccab.png

:D:D nice :D:D !!! is a nice helmet, I like it.

Man, you are a WIZARD bro! :)

AMAZING JOB!!!

I hope enjoyed my model, You gave me motivation to do it, and it's a gift to the community of RPF

Iron Man proyect

Iron Man P.Saunders proyect design

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back