Iron Man Mk V "Legacy Effects Version" Helmet 3D Model

Re: Iron Man Mk V "Legacy Effects Version" Helmet 3D Model***STL READY!!!***

Well . . .I attempted building the helmet in foam. . .and here's some results. .

10933982_752046701544458_6000397077732905269_n.jpg

I haven't painted it yet because I'm still building some stuffs atm. Great job on the file/model man :thumbsup

Link to the 3d print files have been added to the first post. The folder is password protected, so simply pm me for the password and you'll be good to go! :thumbsup

Any feed back on the model and how well it prints is greatly appreciated, it will help me grow as a modeler so please let me know what you guys think. And I cannot stress enough that I'd love to see pics of your builds! I myself just don't have time to print this up anytime soon, I've already got too much on my build schedule, so please share any progress pics you got. :)

Anyhow, enjoy. Happy Holidays guys!!!!
hi ghost did you take down the link for the legacy 3d print files? any chance you would share don't mind paying! just finished building my printer reprap prusa still learning thanks

hi ghost did you take down the link for the legacy 3d print files? any chance you would share don't mind paying! just finished building my printer reprap prusa still learning thanks

No, it's free for RPF members. :)

I just wasn't sharing it publically. Just PM me your email and I'll send it your way. :thumbsup

Oh, you know you can, brother.

But............are you talking about the 3d print model? Or pep?

George.........did you get a 3d printer? :confused
Crap I may have misunderstood, was it the file to practice modeling. Because I don't have a printer...GM

Crap I may have misunderstood, was it the file to practice modeling. Because I don't have a printer...GM

Yeah I have a 3d print version and a pepakura version. 3D print version is still technically in beta form, nobody seems to want to post any pics of their prints, and I have not printed it myself. Don't even know if the faceplate locks up right or not.

The model I used for the base, the one I used for practicing, was Zabana's mk 3 pep file.

Whichever you need Geogre, I got you covered.

Yeah I have a 3d print version and a pepakura version. 3D print version is still technically in beta form, nobody seems to want to post any pics of their prints, and I have not printed it myself. Don't even know if the faceplate locks up right or not.

The model I used for the base, the one I used for practicing, was Zabana's mk 3 pep file.

Whichever you need Geogre, I got you covered.
Just printed ear peice from your files ghostMinion its perfect just printing other one not sure about printing other sections yet still need to learn how to add supports for printing bigger parts ect thanks again for letting me use your files [emoji106] uploadfromtaptalk1436737198903.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436737314079.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi GhostMinion just loaded the main helmet file to split for printing but there are lots of errors i tryed repair in netfabb no luck imported to slic3r this what it shows not sure what to do thanksuploadfromtaptalk1436797766865.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436797882078.jpg

Hi GhostMinion just loaded the main helmet file to split for printing but there are lots of errors i tryed repair in netfabb no luck imported to slic3r this what it shows not sure what to do thanksView attachment 500491View attachment 500492

I'll take a look at it tonight and see what I can find out. Your actually the first to post about it, so I've never known to check. Never did get around to printing it myself.

Ok thanks

Ok so i pinted top half of the faceplate came out really good there is some thickness to it in the center which was filled honeycomb i can use dremel to remove this so not problem the back plate also has this in the file i have just started printing bottom half faceplate [emoji2] uploadfromtaptalk1436816387497.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436816476219.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436816387497.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436816476219.jpg

Ok thanks 

Alright, so.........took a look at the model to see what's up. I basically went about it as if I was preparing to print it myself, using what software and tools that I have. Here's what I've concluded:

The problem is in two parts, really. There are errors in the main helmet, netfabb shows small holes along where the faceplate meets up. Even after repairing it, netfabb still shows the warning icon saying there's a problem. I've noticed that sometimes when netfabb alerts you of errors, printing anyway results in a good print. You see, most slicer programs will try to repair the model, so the repair that netfabb couldn't seem to execute may be in fact applied in another program.

When I pull the "repaired" model into sli3er, it comes up just how you showed me. It has all kinds of weird holes, and will not print right if you try it that way. The problem here is sli3er itself. Sli3er is not perfect, and with troubled meshes it can be useless sometimes. This is one of those times.

When I pull the "repaired" cuts of the main lid into Simplify3d and Cura, it looks fine. The software is definitely reporting auto corrections, but they seem to be applied as they should, and all looks printable. Even set up some supports in Simplify3d to see if all would slice well, and it did.

If at all possible, try a different software and see if it works. I myself used to use sli3er all the time, and have not once used it since acquiring Simlify3d. It's not free, but I tell everybody I can how it's worth every penny and more. You've never seen slicing speeds so fast! You know what I mean when it comes to slicing speeds with sli3er........ugh. I've had lid parts take an hour before with slicer, but with Simplify3d it usually takes seconds.

Also, yes the faceplate is rather thick in the center. Originally, the idea was to better set it up for casting, making it thicker reduces the chances of the faceplate warping. In all honesty, I meant to do a thinner version, but lost interest when other modeling projects started taking foot.

Anyhow, keep it up. Would love to see this thing finally printed. :thumbsup

Alright, so.........took a look at the model to see what's up. I basically went about it as if I was preparing to print it myself, using what software and tools that I have. Here's what I've concluded:

The problem is in two parts, really. There are errors in the main helmet, netfabb shows small holes along where the faceplate meets up. Even after repairing it, netfabb still shows the warning icon saying there's a problem. I've noticed that sometimes when netfabb alerts you of errors, printing anyway results in a good print. You see, most slicer programs will try to repair the model, so the repair that netfabb couldn't seem to execute may be in fact applied in another program.

When I pull the "repaired" model into sli3er, it comes up just how you showed me. It has all kinds of weird holes, and will not print right if you try it that way. The problem here is sli3er itself. Sli3er is not perfect, and with troubled meshes it can be useless sometimes. This is one of those times.

When I pull the "repaired" cuts of the main lid into Simplify3d and Cura, it looks fine. The software is definitely reporting auto corrections, but they seem to be applied as they should, and all looks printable. Even set up some supports in Simplify3d to see if all would slice well, and it did.

If at all possible, try a different software and see if it works. I myself used to use sli3er all the time, and have not once used it since acquiring Simlify3d. It's not free, but I tell everybody I can how it's worth every penny and more. You've never seen slicing speeds so fast! You know what I mean when it comes to slicing speeds with sli3er........ugh. I've had lid parts take an hour before with slicer, but with Simplify3d it usually takes seconds.

Also, yes the faceplate is rather thick in the center. Originally, the idea was to better set it up for casting, making it thicker reduces the chances of the faceplate warping. In all honesty, I meant to do a thinner version, but lost interest when other modeling projects started taking foot.

Anyhow, keep it up. Would love to see this thing finally printed. :thumbsup
Yeah had a look at simplyfy3d its a bit pricey for me! so im stuck at the min molding the helmet wasnt somthing i was looking at doin but may look into doing it thanks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back