Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [COMPLETED PHOTO IN FIRST POST]

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [COMPLETED!!]

9 days??? thats amazing! i hunger for moar pics :lol

That is awesome! I don't think I could build one at all let alone in 7 days! Truly amazing project!!!

Simply amazing how you managed to complete such a detailed suit in super quick time....if that's what you can do when you rush, then i for one am looking forward to your next project when you can take more time.....subscribed

Hey there, great work! Quick question about painting, if you don't mind me asking. Once you taped off the sections you were keeping red, what did you do for the exposed parts? Did you re-plastdip, or just paint on top of the exposed red?

Hope that question's not too confusing. Would love some help on this.

Thanks,
Aeric

9 days??? thats amazing! i hunger for moar pics
Thanks I will try find more pictures and upload them

That is awesome! I don't think I could build one at all let alone in 7 days! Truly amazing project!!!
Thanks. this was my first IM build and I think that if you research and know what you need to know, you can easily build one.

Great job Bro! Looks awesome aswell

Thanks thanks

that was fast. . .great job

Thanks! and thanks for your contribution to this build

This! Awesome job and amazing timeframe, but I would also like to see more pics.

Thanks, it was tough but fun.

Simply amazing how you managed to complete such a detailed suit in super quick time....if that's what you can do when you rush, then i for one am looking forward to your next project when you can take more time.....subscribed

Thank you! I'm going to be taking my time in a 4month pep mark 7 build next along with a few other pep propjects. So I will update on that when I get the ball rolling. In the planning phase still.

Hey there, great work! Quick question about painting, if you don't mind me asking. Once you taped off the sections you were keeping red, what did you do for the exposed parts? Did you re-plastdip, or just paint on top of the exposed red?

Hope that question's not too confusing. Would love some help on this.

Thanks,
Aeric

I just painted right over the red paint. Not something I would recommend but I didnt have the time, and I knew that the paints I used wouldn't conflict with each other. But in the past some paints wouldnt stick to each other and just peeled off. So maybe you can do a test first, if you have extra time.

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [Pic heavy]

I slept for a few hours before waking up to do the abs.

As I started the abs it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be but it would take me a long time to finish

[url]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/TakaPhotoartistry/Iron%20Man%20Mark%2042/IMG_9921_zpscb4d8d92.jpg[/URL]

couple hours later!

[url]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/TakaPhotoartistry/Iron%20Man%20Mark%2042/IMG_9970_zpsae35d02a.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/TakaPhotoartistry/Iron%20Man%20Mark%2042/IMG_9971_zps719d1edb.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/TakaPhotoartistry/Iron%20Man%20Mark%2042/IMG_9972_zps43a443cf.jpg[/URL]

Going to try and finish the gloves, fingers, forearms, biceps, and shoulders today. And if I have time, I'll also try and do the neck and helmet.

Awesome build!!

Just a quick question about the abs. Did you cut the abs anywhere in order to put them on? I am having trouble sliding them on, as it seems my hips are too wide.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back