Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [COMPLETED PHOTO IN FIRST POST]

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [Pic heavy]

Really good piece of work and what an attempt !! , keep it up , but I do agree you may want to re-work a couple of pieces at a later date when you have a bit more time to spend on it !

try hard to finish it on the 6th day and use the 7th to sleep all day so u dont fall asleep in the theater :p

abs look badass bro

It looks good! Great job and keep going and good luck with your deadline! (y))

Thank you! I will try my best!

Really nice build man. I am definitely subbing this one

Thanks thanks

the abs are very great and very accurate to the movie. The only pb i think will be the mobility. It's why i did'nt make abd on my armor

Yeah the ab files are very well made, but I dont mind the limited mobility. I will have a friend there to help me out. haha

Really good piece of work and what an attempt !! , keep it up , but I do agree you may want to re-work a couple of pieces at a later date when you have a bit more time to spend on it !

Thanks, I really hope I will have to to go back and put more attention to some pieces.

..are you still awake ? nice job, so far! do you want to revise it in future?

Hahaha I actually was still awake. Got up before the sun though to finish the chest and back.

try hard to finish it on the 6th day and use the 7th to sleep all day so u dont fall asleep in the theater :p

abs look badass bro

Hahaha thats a very good idea.

So I woke up at around 4am so that I could finish the chest and back before 8am.

I'm so very tired. hahaha

OK! that completes the first part of this build!

I will spend the rest of the day adding rondo to the inside each piece to give it more strength.

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [Suit Completed! Rondo time!]]

:thumbsup Time for rondo

since rondo gets messy, I wont be taking much pictures. I hope to finish adding rondo to all the pieces today so that I can start to plastidip tomw

Okay so you are doing the resin first and then using plastidip? Is that right?

So I was able to finish rondo-ing all the pieces. I didnt take pics but I did take a pic of adding rondo to the abs. Since the rondo made the foam warp, I added rondo and taped it to my body so it will hold its shape. It was just a thin layer on rondo so it didnt heat up too much. Keep me nice and toasty. haha

Now it's time to plastidip!!

I just added plastidip to the boots and forearms.

Now I shall go back outside and plastidip the rest. Then later this evening, I will add the adhesion promoter and primer!

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [Plastidip stage]

this is looking really cool, a very nice build.
i have a few questions if u dont mind about it. for my next suit im gonna plastidip the whole suit so it has a nice stronger covering for it, but how well does it cover? i mean is it like paint where all the lines where u glued pieces show up or will they get covered up? i did this pic as to show u wat i mean...

would i have to make to make them pop up when gluing them and/or go in and carve them back out, or would i b safe and they show up?

I was thinking of doing a mark 42 build using 3mm foam, especially after working with 1/2 inch on my mark 7. how is its durability? I would also like to say your work is utterly amazing:thumbsup

this is looking really cool, a very nice build.
i have a few questions if u dont mind about it. for my next suit im gonna plastidip the whole suit so it has a nice stronger covering for it, but how well does it cover? i mean is it like paint where all the lines where u glued pieces show up or will they get covered up? i did this pic as to show u wat i mean...
[url]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww83/RME08/referencepic.jpg[/URL]
would i have to make to make them pop up when gluing them and/or go in and carve them back out, or would i b safe and they show up?

Plastidip will cover some lines but not that much. Even if you to many coats it will only cover so much. I hope I was able to answer your question correctly.

How's the suit going?

Sorry for the late update but I WAS able to finish it 30mins before the 9pm showing on Thrusday night. I will upload everything now.

I was thinking of doing a mark 42 build using 3mm foam, especially after working with 1/2 inch on my mark 7. how is its durability? I would also like to say your work is utterly amazing

I would try 1/4" foam. 3mm is easier to work with but it is thin and will flex and flop. That's why I rondoed the inside. Some parts can be made from 3mm but if you're not going to reinforce it, i suggest thicker foam.

Sorry for the late reply but I was so busy.. But I WAS able to finish but barely... i finished at 8:30 and ran to the 9pm showing on Thursday night. The only thing I wasnt able to do was make hinges for the face plate. Here is the rest of the build plus a shot from the movie night.

So after many cans, I finished adding 4 coats of Plastidip.

then added 3 coats of filler primer

Then 3 coats of red color!

Then 4 coats of clear coat

Still with me? Sorry! I know I'm just dumping all this on you guys but bare with me! we are almost there!

Re: Iron Man Mark 42 Suit: 7day Speed-Build! [COMPLETED!!]

Now THIS is something I didnt factor in... Which was one of my down falls of finishing earlier. I didnt factor in how long it would take for me to tape off the red for the other paint colors.. It took me a full day. A full day that wasnt in the original plan. But I made it and im happy.

Time for the white color. That's right, I said White. I know that its more of a gold color But the color that matched PERFECTLY, I only had one can and no place on this island (I live on Hawaii) had anymore and shipping was out of the question. So I went with the next best thing. I did a base coat of silver and then a coat in a "Ivory White". Came out well~ A bit too white, but I was too far behind schedule to do anything about it...

Now since the set back of taping off for painting, I NEEDED to finish bondoing and sanding the helmet in less than 5hours, then paint.
Seemed impossible but I came too far. So I pushed on and had to settle with a sloppy job... But beggers cant be choosers.

Man, idk how you guys get super crisp lines in the jaw area and small places, but props to you because even with my dremel and tiny hands, it was so hard!

Not perfect but best I could do in 5hours...

3 coats of filler primer and I got this.

Painted the face plate same way as the body

This was all finished on wednesday. I still had to do all the electronic lights for the palms, chest, and eyes. The showing was at 9pm. So I had until 7pm to figure out all that and hope I dont run into problems. Stayed up all night to make the brackets for the eyes, and everything else. I was in such a rush that I didnt have time to take pics of that process. Here is the suit right before leaving!

AND THAT DOES IT!!

Iron Man Mark42 suit completed in 8days! Made it to the premiere with 30mins of people taking pics. Sitting in it was very uncomfortable but it didnt break at all. I really cut it close! But it was fun!!

Now I'm trying to get in touch with Darkside501st to start on a Mark 7 pep build. This time, ill take my time.

Bet you can't build one in 6 days :D Looks great

Bet you can't build one in 6 days :D Looks great

Dems fighting words. HAHAHA! Thanks! Idk what the normal time to build a pep Mark 7, but I'm going to try build one in 4months.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back