Iron man 3 Mark 8 Fiberglass / kevlar / Aluminium

marcusleandro

Now its time for serious plans. My name is Marcus Leandro, Im from Brazil. After making mark VI for halloween, my next project will be mark 8/47. I have just started today with handplate modeling/unfolding. The target is fiberglass / pepakura, my plan is make in fiberglass, casting the molds and then make it in carbon fiber and aramida/kevlar enforcement. I will post the files here for free, i'm accepting any help BTW.. There's a great thread from IM1M2 for foam builds, its very advaced stage. Every file released will be posted in this first post for easy find.

Software: Blender / Solid Works 2012 / Pepakura Designer / Arduino IDE

My facebook for contact:

http://www.facebook.com/marcusleandroreis

Pictures from my last project (thanks to robo, zabana and sharkhead):

Fotos Festa Fantasia 2012

Files released mark 8 (4shared, last updated 11-25-2012):

mark8_handplate_by_marcusleandro_divinopolis.pdo

Files used in project (not created by me):

Thanks to trojanmr21
http://www.4shared.com/file/tOwM7jQg/Iron_Man_3ds_Export3_195mm.html

Last edited:
Today, I'm working on helmet modeling, using as base sharkhead's markVI one, what in my opinion is the best pep around. look at the progress:

captura-de-tela-de-2012-11-26-152839.png
captura-de-tela-de-2012-11-26-152912.png

Link to large pics

Need some refinements, ears. I Will not put the line marks on faceplate nor head, its a better idea make that later with dremel like tool. As soon as terminate this model, will unfold and post on first post of the thread.

In meantime, updating my workplace, wish to paint walls, floor etc..

Thats all for today (8h in blender...).

kevlar?
youre not planning to rob a bank are you? lol
cant wait to see some progress pics :D

Not this year.. well, I will pep the trojan's helmet tomorrow and the handplate as well, for next days try to model arm piece, stay tuned for updates, thank you for your interest!

Just one question, have you ever worked with carbon fiber? Because it sounds like you think it will be as easy as the fiberglass piece, but it will not. Carbon parts aren't made that easy, and complex shapes are a whole new level as well.

And if you are going to paint it I don't see the use of making it out of carbon fiber, the weight you will save won't be that much, and it really doesn't compare to the amount of extra work.

Not to discourage you or anything, just a headsup before you make all those expenses for nothing.

Look forward to seeing your progress. I'm just about finished with my mark iv that I made out of steel. My follow up that I'm starting hopefully tomorrow depending on how I feel will be a steel version on the mark viii. I'm very curious about the carbon fiber process something I have thought about doing for one of my suits.

Just one question, have you ever worked with carbon fiber? Because it sounds like you think it will be as easy as the fiberglass piece, but it will not. Carbon parts aren't made that easy, and complex shapes are a whole new level as well.

And if you are going to paint it I don't see the use of making it out of carbon fiber, the weight you will save won't be that much, and it really doesn't compare to the amount of extra work.

Not to discourage you or anything, just a headsup before you make all those expenses for nothing.

You are right. I dont have experience with carbon fiber yet, but the fun part is learning, I have a supplier that will give me some support, if you have any reference about it, I will apreciate!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back