Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

Hi Mike, what did you use for the repulsor lights on the gauntlets? I'm always looking for better ways to do things and yours look pretty easy and clean.

Hi Mike, what did you use for the repulsor lights on the gauntlets? I'm always looking for better ways to do things and yours look pretty easy and clean.

the repulsors i just used the 2 pack 3 LED circle tap lights($7.99) there same as the one in my arc reactor....i popped out the LED board and picked up a AAA battery houseing from radio shack ($2.99) which it had just enough wire to go from center palm to back of the hand concealed by the hand plate....that way you dont have to run any wire up your arms or anything like that

also since the tap light i used has the center button...i just used cloth as a cover with a foam ring around it.....up close and personal its not really nice and smooth nor is the whole inside portion of my hands lol...but from a distance and on pictures it has a nice look and i have cleaned up the hands since i took those pics lol.....but the 5 LED for under the hand place was my favorite little addition...i found it at a Ross for $5

here is my test fit picture from the other night....i think the camera adds 10 pounds cause this pic makes me look short and chunky and im 6ft tall 165ponds

Dude! Oh wow! That is all I can say! WOW! That is a stunning build! Foam and soo freakin quick!!! Scale looks great... it looks perfectly proportioned!
Though maybe narrowing the cod piece might make the hips more streamlined>
M

also since the tap light i used has the center button...i just used cloth as a cover with a foam ring around it.....up close and personal its not really nice and smooth nor is the whole inside portion of my hands lol...but from a distance and on pictures it has a nice look and i have cleaned up the hands since i took those pics lol.....but the 5 LED for under the hand place was my favorite little addition...i found it at a Ross for $5

Thanks for the tips man! Nice work!

Very impressive work Tribal! I think your feet look too clunky, thats probably what's making things look out of proportion. Your upper chest and shoulders could be broader to try and compensate? Just suggesting things...can't wait to see the painted parts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Very impressive work Tribal! I think your feet look too clunky, thats probably what's making things look out of proportion. Your upper chest and shoulders could be broader to try and compensate? Just suggesting things...can't wait to see the painted parts.

Sent from my DROID B...IONIC using Tapatalk 2

The feet are a little tall cause i through lights into the feet so i added an extra sole to make it more comfortable to walk and so that i wouldnt break the lights....once its painted with the gold and red i think it will look better

Dude! Oh wow! That is all I can say! WOW! That is a stunning build! Foam and soo freakin quick!!! Scale looks great... it looks perfectly proportioned!
Though maybe narrowing the cod piece might make the hips more streamlined>
M

Its already a snug fit...so theres not much i can do about it...plus i had to build to my proportions.....maybe it might look different when painted?

8046343239_da849fdfb2_o.png

figured Id drop this in here if you wanted it for a color or whatever rreference. also a cool Iron Patriot reference for anyone looking.

While im waiting on the plastidip to dry for the arms...im looking at my mark 3 helmet....and this may sound drastic but i'm gonna do some "cosmetic surgury"...ive elected to just modify the helmet into the new mark 8 or 47 if you believe the spoilers. I feel this is the easier and less time consuming way to go about this...with only 24 days left to have the whole suit finished... I figure making a new helmet from scratch would be too time consuming and costly...im already 200 over my original proposed budget and i still have more paint to buy.

here is one more feature to the forearm....i cut a small opening one the right forearm and one the inside with a few strips of elastic...i made a smart phone mount....now here is the best part....MY SUIT WILL HAVE JARVIS....and bluetooth

this is what the plan is....

1... i am taking 2 of the magic bullet speaker or similar ones whichever are the loudest ones i can find and mounting them into the back or chest

2...splice them together and hook them to this wireless bluetooth audio adapter from Brookstone

3....sinc the bluetooth with my phone

4....and with using the Speaktoit Assistant App giving it a male UK voice.
you can name it, it knows your name or what name you want to be called., it make calls, sends texts, facebook updates, says the weather, tells jokes,does math and plays music...etc

5...Ta Da you have Jarvis...

Zero wires running through the arms completely wireless
basically the best way i could think of for having Jarvis in the suit
now since the armor plates for the fingers dont work on touch screen phone that is what i used elastic to connect the finger plates. you can pull it off your finger when needed...if you do this be sure to set the auto rotate to off and auto screen shutoff to off or max time limit

Check out Dbest Duo bluetooth speakers. It's a two speaker system, is loud and runs 20+ hours. $50. I'm going to use this on my costume build. There is also another small Bluetooth speaker called JAM. Sold at bestbuy for $40. A tad louder, but heavier and only 4 hours of run time.

Eliminate the Bluetooth adaptor, they never work well IMO.

Great build btw!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back