Ion Cannon

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think this is the first time a truly accurate Ion Cannon has been made? Or *being* made... I'm not out of the woods yet!

I will be offering grown base barrel and "flange" parts in my Etsy store when I get further down the line with this build. So y'all will be able to build one as well. I am pretty sure I can make it double recoil as well!

ion2.jpg
IMG_4809.jpeg

That's lovely Jason. One of those pieces some of us have wanted to build for years but couldn't for lack of reference. Great progress.

In SF at the moment - Spent yesterday with Bill and Lorne, and got to spend some quality time with the Ion Cannon at the Ranch. I can confirm the parts I am growing (for any one that wants to build one) are BANG ON to the real one! Had coffee with Ease today, too - and he confirms that the tip was indeed machined acrylic, and described the screw drive mechanism that opened the "petal" doors for the gun.

Been a pretty cool ass trip so far! Off to LA tomorrow for more!

here's a tower I made for Lorne!

IMG_4902.jpg

In SF at the moment - Spent yesterday with Bill and Lorne, and got to spend some quality time with the Ion Cannon at the Ranch. I can confirm the parts I am growing (for any one that wants to build one) are BANG ON to the real one! Had coffee with Ease today, too - and he confirms that the tip was indeed machined acrylic, and described the screw drive mechanism that opened the "petal" doors for the gun.

Been a pretty cool ass trip so far! Off to LA tomorrow for more!

here's a tower I made for Lorne!

View attachment 992306

CONNECT me with Lorne... PLEASE...!

Be advised the parts map specifies the Tamiya 1/35 Vosper Perkasa. It should be Tamiya 1/72 Vosper Perkasa. Confirmed by Jason.

Also...be advised there is a 1/35 Vosper Perkasa by Italeri...don't buy that one...just don't.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back