Into Darkness:New Phaser Belt?

Here's a clear view of the phaser's new paint job.
New Phaser paint job..jpg

Caught the flick last night. Not only does the phaser get a new paintjob...but we get to see it assembled from its separate parts!

Not unlike the TOS phaser, the grip section is detachable.

It was such a cool moment for a phaser-loving guy like me.

Caught the flick last night. Not only does the phaser get a new paintjob...but we get to see it assembled from its separate parts! Not unlike the TOS phaser, the grip section is detachable. It was such a cool moment for a phaser-loving guy like me.

Caught what flick? ST: Into Darkness doesn't release till May 17th or did I miss something?

nickytea

Glad you liked my new twist on the phaser. Believe it or not, but I actually researched plasma and how phasers work so I could build a miniature plasma core and cooling system into the tear down phaser. Not only did I give it a new paint job, i totally redesigned it. The phaser is exact to the design intent... especially in the grip section. I also went away from the spring loaded mechanism found in the 2009 film and designed electronics for fully animatroncs. I also integrated a functional retro power level meter in the top. So, when you guys see the film, keep in mind, the phasers are animatronic.

Hope everyone enjoys the film
Kenney

Last edited by a moderator:
@nickytea

Glad you liked my new twist on the phaser. Believe it or not, but I actually researched plasma and how phasers work so I could build a miniature plasma core and cooling system into the tear down phaser. Not only did I give it a new paint job, i totally redesigned it. The phaser is exact to the design intent... especially in the grip section. I also went away from the spring loaded mechanism found in the 2009 film and designed electronics for fully animatroncs. I also integrated a functional retro power level meter in the top. So, when you guys see the film, keep in mind, the phasers are animatronic.

Hope everyone enjoys the film
Kenney
I know you don't want spoil the movie for those of us who have to wait for it to open, I am hoping to see a lot of photos of your phaser here after the film opens on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job, on the Phaser, I see that you are wearing a complete uniform, do you work for Anovos? I bought the boots online 4 years ago and had them dyed black. I have been waiting for the pants to come out. At lease the price of the shirt has come down a little bit. I also have the full set of pins that came with my Blue ray.

Surprise!!......not! QMX will be releasing the new version of the phaser, it looks like they repainted their 2009 model, here's some shots of it.
STID_Phaser-4.jpgSTID_Phaser-5.jpg
One improvement they have made is that it now rotates.
STID_Phaser-1.jpg
Now we need to see a comparison between the new and old version.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back