Interstellar (Post-release)

Ha! Now I want to do this.

yeah, unfortunately I don't know. I didn't even know about the robots until like the fourth trailer. I wish I knew more, sorry. I did love the design and personality though. I was glad to see a robot that wasn't a guy in a suit.

You did a better job than I would have keeping away from plot points lol. If there is one thing that has been growing on me about this film, it's the designs of everything. The designs were so original and looked so good on the big screen.

Inception, I mean Interstellar is certainly an epic movie...and I certainly enjoyed many aspects of it, but found the final pay off a bit underwhelming for the time invested getting to the reveal at the end.
Inception...oooop's, again...I mean Interstellar has some great and I mean great sci fi scenes...space, the ships, the black hole...but I suppose for me, I just wanted more - or maybe expected more of a sci fi space movie.
Certainly worthy of all its acclaim and deserving of all sorts of awards, unfortunately for me though I just didnt connect with Incept - Damn! I mean Interstellar.
My wife on the other hand loved it and wants to see it again.

David

I love the fact that it carries a payload--probably from the large cargo sections of the Endurance. It supposedly flies into re-entry inverterted, hence the rolling of the seats and windows on the dorsal and ventral sections of the spacecraft. I know the LANDER cant carry the large PODS/SECTIONS of Endurance, so maybe the PODS/Sections are meant to be containers to carry smaller units of cargo and equipment. Its misleading when I read the info on it, but whatever, its very utilitarian and I quite enjoy all the designs.

The models and miniatures in Interstellar

Amazing work by New Deal Studios

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/real-and-raw-the-miniature-fx-behind-interstellar/

IMG_3278.jpg

Ha. Well I guess we can put a face and workbelt to the name.
yeah, not sure you'd want to though. haha

What did you guys use for the thermal blankets?
Looked right off the shuttle.

Was there an interior in there?

The surface of the Ranger was hand scribed. All the extra blanket detail was either sculpted out of foam, cast and applied, or vacuformed and then applied. If I'm remembering right. As far as interior goes, there was a really basic interior. More about shape and color than any real detail.

Last edited:
I thought the ai/robot designs were killer. The look so unwieldy at first, but the design proves to be really capable.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back