Info needed on gluing teeth

Belfast Neil

Couple of easy questions guys:

1. Do most folk affix the teeth into their masks prior to painting everything or do them seperately and glue in later once mask is painted?
2. Which is best to use and won't damage the latex, Gorilla Glue or hot hlue?

Thanks.

Definitely glue them AFTER the mask is painted. The key to gluing teeth is to use as little as possible to avoid it spilling out/over where it becomes unsightly and unwanted.

If you glue them in first, good luck trying to paint around and in behind them...it makes it very frustrating. You can use krazy glue or hot glue. I wouldn't use Gorilla Glue since it expands so much you may have large blobs of glue around the base of the teeth when it dries. Never use Gorilla Glue anywhere it could even possible leak out and be seen. Unless you WANT spillage on your mask

I do the same....glue them in after painting. I have used super glue and hot glue. Either seems fine but, the teeth on a mask tend to get hit and tapped around and the hot glue allows a lil more flexibility than the super glue.

does anybody just use latex to bond them in? that's how i put my zipper in, and it seems pretty strong.

i agree... paint your mask first....paint your teeth second......super glue your teeth in....use a pencil or a pointed chop stick works real well, and latex aroud the teeth after you glue them in. the latex at the end , imho, make for a real nice, thin skin around the teeth. Add some tartar(i dont think pred's brush much) and it looks very life -like.

paint mask and teeth seperate, then i have used a both super glue and hot glue, i found super glue to be more secure on my second mask. then i usually airbrush the base of the teeth to blend them in a little, otherwise they tend to look like they are from different things

i agree... paint your mask first....paint your teeth second......super glue your teeth in....use a pencil or a pointed chop stick works real well, and latex aroud the teeth after you glue them in. the latex at the end , imho, make for a real nice, thin skin around the teeth. Add some tartar(i dont think pred's brush much) and it looks very life -like.

This sounds like a very good way to go about it, Thanks for the info!

All good tips, i also use five minute epoxy on the teeth to give them a good shine, letting it drip around thegums on the inner teeth, creates a stronger bond and looks like saliva, go easy with the epoxy though, on really thin cast masks it can crack off

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back