Infinity Gauntlet Build

Been working on 74-Z Speeder Bike from Return of the Jedi for a few months. Not gonna lie. I’m a little burnt out.
So I thought I’d make a Infinity Gauntlet from Avengers Infinity War.

I want this to be pretty big but the real one is 68 cm tall. That’s a monster and I don’t want to wear this thing. So I found one scaled to roughly 75% on thingiverse. (Also my wife says the real one is way to big for us to display).
IMG_0284.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

While typing this I have about 20 hours left of printing this hand.

Finished the palm and stones this evening. Seriously great quality! Printed the stones the best quality my printed could put out. Figured it would be easier to give them a light coat of XTC-3D and prime them prior to molding. Started sanded on the palm with some 220. I’ll take the texture off the whole model and then filler primer along with some 3M spot putty.
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg

I just got done with round one of sanding the palm and I organized the stones. I’ll hit the palm up with a couple coats of rustoleum filler primer next and give the stone a light mist of regular primer to be sure they are good to cast later on.
IMG_0303.jpg

After I paint these I’ll touch up the deep imperfections with some spot putty and by then the fingers should be done printing.
IMG_0302.jpg

Yes there are a lot of fuzz on my 3D printer. Still perfecting my technique.

Finished sanding and given is a light coat of XTC3D for a finishing coat. This stuff is great. Self leveling and prefect for getting a smooth finish on small details like the front of this glove. Just be careful not to go overboard when applying it.
Fingers should be finished up tomorrow afternoon and then I’ll start printing the forearm.
IMG_0306.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg

Finished printing the fingers today. 72 hours of printing. Going to let the printer rest for a day or so before another 5-6 days of printing the arm.

Last edited:
After nearly 3 days of printing the first half of the arm is done printing. Pulled it off the print bed this morning and began the 2nd one. Took nearly my whole printing space.
IMG_0317.jpg

I’ve been trying to smooth out the hand as much as I could. I nearly destroyed the front chipping away at the plastic resin that sank in and filled up the channels between the detailed ridges.
I resined the wrist guards and fingers and gave the thumb it’s first coat of primer after the first round of sanding.
IMG_0316.jpg

So much more work to be done

Coming along great! Seriously can't wait to see it painted. I wanted to build one so bad, but luckily had a the 1:1 scale HT one fall into my lap.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back