Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom (female costume)

Jill Sowell

So, being a huge Indiana Jones fan, I wanted one of the costumes. Since everyone does the classic Indy from Raiders, I decided to go with the bridge-scene Indy who has been through the ringer.

As far as research went, watched the rope bridge scene a dozen times or so. Also used my hot toys sixth scale Indy for reference since they go into great detail with their items.

Already had the fedora, whip, and some boots that were close enough to work. No need for the gun since before the bridge scene, he is seen reaching for it and it isn't there, so that was a lucky break

First and most arduous piece that require a lot of work was the shirt. Ended up finding a light-fabric shirt that was almost perfect as far as color and seam-work, but I had to add the shoulder pieces. Next I ripped one of the arms off and (although it isn't in the photos) added the slashes on the back from the torture scene and fake blood around the edges. I aged the fabric and tried to make it look wet since he had recently nearly been killed by the mine flood.

The bag is hand-sewn with a kids belt as the strap and a removable front panel that shows where the other two sankara stones had been burned out of the bag when he did the chant. Not pictured is the three-striped sankara stone that was sculpted from clay and kept in the bag as a prop.

The khaki pants were easy enough. Add the cut on the knee and dirty them up a good bit.

The belt with the holster was aged, and the holster itself had to be sanded then aged a decent amount to match the brown of the belt it is stuck on.

The belt with the gold buckle was actually painted a different color, from green to the normal brown. Also, I brushed some gold paint onto the buckle and metal tip of the belt.

The sword was actually a one day project (hence it's awful appearance in person.) Bought a nerf sword, trimmed it to the desired shape, and painted it accordingly.

The makeup was simple enough. Used some purple eye-shadow and burgundy lip liner for the bruising on the face, arms, and exposed knee. Used acrylic paint for the wounds on the face, blood that had dripped down the neck, bloody knuckles, scraped elbow, etc.

Lot of work, not too much money tho since I had most of the supplies to work with the couple normal-priced purchases like the shirt and belts.

PS, I know that is the fertility idol from Raiders, I just couldn't help myself when I saw it =)

Picture 1.jpg Picture 2.png Picture 4.png Picture 5.png

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back