Indiana Jones Screen Used Raiders of The Lost Ark Fedora

ForceBeWithYou

Here is a photo of Harrison Fords Screen Worn Fedora from Raiders of the Lost Ark which went up for sale at the Prop Store Auction. Interesting to note that the famous “Raiders Turn” is not present. When drawn with an arrow, it goes straight through the Herbert Johnson logo right to the front of the hat.

Attachments

• 374BABFB-D2CC-4B60-A144-B74D7711E49D.jpeg
    374BABFB-D2CC-4B60-A144-B74D7711E49D.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
Well for one… that hat is from Temple of Doom. And two, all of the “Raiders” hats had the turn per Indygear.com. My own hat was modeled after the Raven bars scene by Herbert Johnson which distinctly has the turn in it.

Yup, drftfan's got it right. That photo is the hat from Temple of Doom, and only Raiders hats had the turn. This is the inside of the hero hat from Raiders, note that it does not have a lining.

Attachments

• 90526_Indiana-Jones-Harrison-Ford-Fedora_9-1024x737.jpg
    90526_Indiana-Jones-Harrison-Ford-Fedora_9-1024x737.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 271
Well for one… that hat is from Temple of Doom. And two, all of the “Raiders” hats had the turn per Indygear.com. My own hat was modeled after the Raven bars scene by Herbert Johnson which distinctly has the turn in it.

You can quibble about the "amount of turn", but this is essentially - "no turn".

Attachments

• IMG_E7516.JPG
    IMG_E7516.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 12.58.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 12.58.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
Yup, drftfan's got it right. That photo is the hat from Temple of Doom, and only Raiders hats had the turn. This is the inside of the hero hat from Raiders, note that it does not have a lining.
Nadoolman pretty much confirms the original hats had liners. And Michelle at HJ said they shipped their Raiders hats with liners for the movie production.

"As the only true authenticator of Indiana Jones’s first khaki attire, Landis (Nadoolman) stretched her memory 30 years and began sorting through fedoras, hoping one might resemble the original Raiders hat....

...eventually, one hat in particular caught her eye. Unlike the others she’d inspected, this fedora’s interior lining had the original label of Herbert Johnson, the British hatmaker that had supplied the Raiders inventory. Surrounded by Indy paraphernalia, Landis let out a sigh of relief. “I couldn’t imagine that I would find anything from the first film,” Landis admits. “That was Harrison’s no. 1 hat, that was the holy grail. … It was a tingling, hair-on-the-back-of-the-head moment.”

last crusade has was lined when it rolled back to him after falling off the cliff
Last crusade hat had two different liner and logo colors inside the hate. White liner and gold logo at the edge of the cliff. Champaign liner and red logo at Donovan's house...

IMG_3828.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back