Indiana Jones revolver

For the most part, yes. Federally it is legal (as long as there is an orange colored tip or plug in the muzzle) but state to state the laws are very inconsistent, or should I say, very convoluted. Some states require that orange tip permanently affixed to the muzzle. Some only require the tip during sale and transportation but it can be removed otherwise. Some states allow you to have an airsoft if it isn't "colored" like a gun- black, silver, etc. Some places like DC and San Francisco (of course :rolleyes:) ban them outright.

Last year I ordered a full metal airsoft replica Beretta M93r for a Robocop Auto 9 build. From Taiwan to California and I had no issues as far as customs goes.

Really there's only a handful of states that are strict about it. Most other states you're good to go(y).

You may be interested to know that you can already get the Auto 9 in metal (with a plastic sleeve) that is easily modifiable to fire 3 round burst with the purchase of a small part sold alongside, just google KSC airsoft auto 9.

You may be interested to know that you can already get the Auto 9 in metal (with a plastic sleeve) that is easily modifiable to fire 3 round burst with the purchase of a small part sold alongside, just google KSC airsoft auto 9.
I looked at the KSC initially. It has some metal components but the outer parts- slide, barrel shroud, frame- as far as I know are all plastic. The barrel bore is metal but the outside of the barrel is plastic as well. Is that what you meant by plastic sleeve?

Also like you mentioned, you have to buy a part to enable 3-round burst. The M93r (KSC version) already has a setting for 3-round burst which saves a step (even though I don't plan on shooting it that much). Plus I liked the idea of having an M93r as the base of my Auto 9 replica just like the original prop had. Sort of like using a Graflex flash (replica or vintage) as the base of a lightsaber build as opposed to having a MR or Hasbro ready to go replica. Nothing wrong at all with the latter but the former just gives it that extra little bit of replica-ness lol.

(Sorry for derailing the thread a bit :) )

Last edited:
My Smith and Wesson's are still in customs in Hawaii. I hope they clear soon and head my way. I'm getting impatient. :lol:
I've had items sit in US customs for nearly two weeks before moving and then, without notice, suddenly showing up on my doorstep. Recently happened with an order I placed on Etsy from Russia. Didn't hear word from the tracking for almost 4 weeks, then bam, it's cleared customs and at my doorstep the day after that. Glad you've got your Browning!

Still no update on mine since I got the tracking number.

Last edited:
Well my revolvers are on their way. They cleared customs so hopefully this coming week they show up. When they do I'll post pictures. Thank you again for sharing the link Chris92 !

How much did you pay for shipping (and you got 2?!) ? I keep looking at buying one but that $65 shipping fee is scaring me off.

Can't wait to see yours, and I may have one of my own on it's way by the time you get yours lol.

Mine too! It left Japan Friday evening, cleared customs in Honolulu Saturday night, and arrived in Memphis this afternoon. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by 10:30 am, which seems oddly specific - usually it's "by end of day." Also odd that they sent it all the way to Memphis only to have to backtrack and send it up to the Pacific NW - seems like they could have diverted it when it hit LA this morning. Guess that's not how it works though.

I had a package coming from Europe that arrived in New York City about 60 miles from my house on Long Island that was promptly sent to Pittsburgh hundreds of miles away and then spent the next week and a half, with the only tracking saying it was on it's way to the final destination, before I finally received it. I've learned over the years that tracking can be very hit and miss and that it can say it is one place and then all of a sudden show up at your door, which happened to me and I wasn't home and it required a signature so I had to wait a couple of days before they finally delivered it while I was home.

It seems insane to have an item arrive in your state only to get rerouted to another state before returning again. I've come to understand that it all has to do with the routing system of each delivery service mostly because I've bought and shipped items from all over the world in the last 19 years so I have a fairly rudimentary understanding of it.

For instance USPS has a main hub where packages in different areas have to get routed through in order to get delivered. I suspect that most shipment carriers do the same as a means to keep tabs on all the millions of packages that get sent out otherwise we wouldn't have such detailed tracking information available to us. It's likely a means to solve the logistical problems of having to send out delivery trucks in a more timely and orderly fashion than it would be without those hubs and to make sure that the millions of packages get sorted to the correct destinations. Especially in today's climate where so much more shipment is prevalent and the economy is so dependent on it. It can be frustrating for those of us waiting for a package to arrive, especially for something as cool as this! I know I'm getting impatient, but it will be worth it in the end.

And with all of that said, I'm shocked and amazed that mine showed up earlier than they said it would! It's usually delays, delays, delays, and empty estimates.

Anyway... pics!

M1917_01.jpg

M1917_02.jpg

M1917_03.jpg

M1917_04.jpg

M1917_05.jpg

And here it is with a real Model 1917 (made in 1918) - stag grips definitely not standard issue. :p

M1917_06.jpg

M1917_07.jpg

Isn't it strange how that works! My Hi-Power showed up much sooner than I thought it would too.

Gorgeous piece!

Thank you for sharing these great pics! I like the matte finish on this too.

Yeah, shipping - domestic and international - has always seemed counterintuitive to me.

And it *is* a nice piece - I'm glad that I got one. Just for sh!ts and giggles I weighed both of them - the real 1917 weighs 2 pounds 5.6 ounces and the Tanaka weighs 1 pound 9.6 ounces.

Thank you for sharing that. That was actually going to be my next question was the weight comparison.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back