Indiana Jones/ German airplane

8 perf

Sr Member
Anybody out there have info on the German plane that Indy fights in/ around at the German camp? The plane was supposed to have carried the ark out ofthe area. As I recall, it had twin props, and a "bent" wing tip design. I have the referecne material from the archive, but it does not state what kind of plane it was , or even if it was a real plane or not. i would love to build a model of this, studio scale or otherwise.

I was just reading an article about that plane on a recent model magazine (I don't remember which one right now but it was last month so you still might be able to get it.)It was not a real plane. It was a fictitious plane made just for the movie. The only model of the plane available seems to be one you can only buy at Disneyland. Its a lightweight foam model but it is reasonably well made (as far as these things go). The article in the magazine was about how this guy turned this toy into a nice looking model.
Ive always loved that plane too, and was really dissapointed to learn it never existed. I had always hoped I'd be able to get my hands on the plans for that one.
I'll try to get my hands on that magazine tomorrow (if its still there) and will let you know which one it is and the month.

Hope it helps
Falcon Dude
www.studioscale.com

Falcon Dude

Thanks for any info you can find. I am friends with a few good modelers who are really into WW2 type planes, and I am pretty good at scratchbuilding. Should be able to get something done with enough info.

The magazine you're looking for is the current issue of Finescale Modeler (September) with the F/A-18 on the cover. If I remember correctly, the guy estimated the toy to be about 1/48 scale, which makes it a decent size.

The plane Chaucer is probably referring to is the Horten Ho-229 flying wing that first flew in February 1945. The only remaining example is in storage at the Smithsonian Air & Space museum.

The one I got off of a ebay was a disneyworld exclusive. 13" wing span, more of a collectors 1/72nd finished model than a toy. If you can find one, it definitely looks good compared with hasegawa or tamiya kits.

Just bought and read that FSM article, very interesting, looked real nice. Loved the three blobs of tan paint on the underside of the toy, simulating mud splashes from the gear. feh.

The book series I was thinking of earlier is Squadron / Signal Publications

History Channel has a show on tonight and tomorrow about 'Secret Planes of the Luftwaffe' - Check your local listings.

Anyone know how to get the toy?? I tried the Mouse's website; nothing.
icon_frown.gif

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back