Indiana Jones Fertility Idol help

Phish

Hey I am a new collector and a big Indiana Jones fan and I am looking to add a fertility idol to my collection. I know there are a lot of replicas out there and I'm sure I won't be able to find a gobler idol at this point so what is my best option and where can I go to buy one?

Hey I am a new collector and a big Indiana Jones fan and I am looking to add a fertility idol to my collection. I know there are a lot of replicas out there and I'm sure I won't be able to find a gobler idol at this point so what is my best option and where can I go to buy one?

Find an Sskunky version. Best made to this point IMO. Real eyes, very SA. Incredible piece. Expensive and rarely come up for sale. One just did and it's been a while since I saw any other one.

or

Wait for Sarednab and his crew to finish their new ultimate Idol that will have real eyes that actually follow you as you move. This will be based on the Gobler Idol that they are using with his permission. It's on the back burner while they finish up a few things but it will be incredible.

Hope that helps.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.therpf.com/f9/definitive-golden-idol-progress-198750/

I thought it was this one:

699788702635.jpg

Hehehe... but honestly, this is all I have. 2 idol banks. It's good enough for me since I'm not too hardcore in terms of collecting. I mean I would love to have an accurate idol, but priorities dictate that I make do with what I have (and can afford).

The one Sarednab will be offering is based on the idol used in some scenes in Raiders and it had realistic (movable) eyes.
Phish mentioned the Gobler and this offering is based on that idol and this is why it was suggested.

Regards
MARK

Looks like Sarednab wont be making that idol anymore hopefully I can find a decent replica I was just looking at one online made by reelart any thoughts on that one?

Looks like Sarednab wont be making that idol anymore hopefully I can find a decent replica I was just looking at one online made by reelart any thoughts on that one?

Skip it. The above pictured Sskunky one is the one you want.

The pic does not do it justice. The Idol, like Vader and Stormtrooper helmets need to be photographed from about 8 feet away and zoom in. Makes a huge difference.

If Sarednab is not finishing the Idol then maybe we can persuade Sskunky to do another Idol run.

Normally I would leap on an idol bank for price sake, but I cannot for the life of me find one for sale. If I had the money I would buy a higher-end version like above.

Yes from that picture alone it looks amazing I would definitely like to add one to my collection. The idol is definitely going to be one of my prized possessions in my collection so I want to make sure that I get a great quality one and im not worried about the price.

You just never know what's around the corner.... You might just see the ultimate SA idol in the near future! ;)

Oh, heck no man. You can't just throw that out there.

Fess up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry

I know where you live and thus where your props are,......

I actually don't but I can find out,....maybe,...I'm not sure.

ha ha.

What can I say.....

There could be more than one offering in the future that will definitely be worth the wait! ;)
Could you be refering to pedro's, taking over from sarednab's vision for the next idol offering.... You said more than one... How far into the future... WE MUST KNOW!!! :p

Given your eye for detail and your vast knowledge on the subject, I can't think of anyone better suited to being part of this (unmentioned) offering.. :D

M

Thanks for the kind words Mark!

I will not be part of the new offering as such, although I have supplied video and photos of the original to the person who will be working on this. I've also asked if needed if I can critique the idol before it is finished.

Let's just say, the person who will be doing this is an extremely talented prop maker, and I am sure when the time is right he will chime in!

Kind Regards,

Andy

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back