The DEFINITIVE Golden Idol in progress

Sarednab

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi to all guys!
This thread is only for presentation of a new BIG project that we started some weeks ago.

First of all I wanna thanks Gobler. He give us permission to cast his idol. In this way we can have a original cast to work on our project.
Second: A big thanks GeorideIndy! Without his support and his knowledge of this prop, probably we can't do this! His is a official staff member of this project! ;)

This is what we'll do:
A Golden Idol with motorized glass eyes with a movement sensor. Eyes will follow your movement when you'll be in front of the idol.

How to make this possible?
We paid a electronic engineer to design us a project and a custom circuit that could made this possible without touch the "idol" itself.
So... this is the project:
A Golden Idol base that contain all sensor and circuit that allow to our purpose. This base will have a electrical output that allow the Golden Idol to turn on the circuit when the Idol will be on the base. This will happened cause the idol will have on the base a electrical input that will work in the same moment it will rest on his base. Sorry for my english but I hope you'll understand what I mean.
The base will have 3 (hidden) movement sensor that will give to the idol your position....

Now, you can understand how big will be this project!!!

Our first step is to modify the Gobler idol itself to have it 100% accurate (height, baby face, feet, hands, dcc) and after we'll cast it in 2 parts, with removable head.

No pictures for now, but I'll update you very very soon!
Mmm... let me think... maybe I could give you just a few pictures of something that you'll like very much! ;)

qb43.jpg

vmp0.jpg

I'll update you very very soon ;)

Starting to save my pennies already :)

How long do you think this idol will be complete?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Excellent news mate. The Gobler was the perfect idol and it seems like you're going to be taking it to another level.

Great team you've got there, looking forward to seeing how you guys get on...

High regards

MARK

Mmm... I think we could see a finished prototype to show for Christmas. I think we could have the definitive in March/April

Wow, can't wait to see the progress of the idol.

You can put me on your list for a run (in case you do one). Please! :)

Best regards,

Dennis

Just a little update for you! In meanwhile we proceed with idol's work, we just create its base! As you can see, the place where the idol must be placed is engraved, this is to assure that idol will be in correct position for the elettonic pin attachment!

55gk.jpg

ki3j.jpg

8vag.jpg

28y9.jpg

Base will be a unique project with the idol, so for now it will be offered only with idol. We already have in our website another idol stand base

Oh yes, I just looked at that one!
It's nice, but it is too wide for my shelf. I was hoping for a smaller one with the designs on the side like the one pictured above?
Thanks and cant wait to see how this turns out!
Base will be a unique project with the idol, so for now it will be offered only with idol. We already have in our website another idol stand base

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back