Indiana Jones (Disney+ series)

Can you imagine showing up for work one day and having that conversation with your supervisor? "Uhh, listen Tom, today I'm going to need you to stand right here and keep your eyes focused on Carrie's chest. If the top of that stupid costume moves and exposes her, I need you to yell 'Bare boob!' at the top of your lungs so we can re-set and start over. D'ya think you can do that?"

It's almost a shame that Femi Taylor wasn't afforded the same protection on Return of the Jedi. :unsure: :)
Not the same costume design. Mesh = see-through :p(y)(y)

That article was ambiguous at best. It could simply mean the end of the movie franchise.

The movie flopped, not because of Indy fatigue, but because he was an 80 year old grumpy guy who hated life. That’s what the problem was.

It was still a fun enough movie, much better than I was anticipating it to be.

But, yeah, Indiana Jones should be in his 30’ - 40’s as an action hero. Not an 80 year old guy taking and throwing punches.

Make another movie with a new (well cast) actor, (a good story), put it back in the 30’s and call them the ‘lost adventures’ and I’ll likely be back in the theater.

"It's not the years, it's the mileage."

I would be fine with an older Indy. We never complained that Obi Wan or Palpatine still knew how to sword fight. It's the life-hating part that I hated too. A grumpy Indy who's fighting like hell to overcome the challenges of getting old could have worked, but the one we got had just given up.

I would be fine with an older Indy. We never complained that Obi Wan or Palpatine still knew how to sword fight. It's the life-hating part that I hated too. A grumpy Indy who's fighting like hell to overcome the challenges of getting old could have worked, but the one we got had just given up.
I love old Indy, reminds me of my grandfather. His attitude, his mannerism, the way he runs from being shot at (same thing as solo running from the big squid monsters in TFA) runs just like my grand father..

Every time I see old ford I think of my gramps…

I love old Indy, reminds me of my grandfather. His attitude, his mannerism, the way he runs from being shot at (same thing as solo running from the big squid monsters in TFA) runs just like my grand father..

Every time I see old ford I think of my gramps…
My gpa had a serious issue with ptsd. He sat hobbled up in his chair while all the adult children got rowdy but whenever a fight broke out (8 adult drunken brothers) and gpa stood up, no one was going toe to toe with him for fear of dying. Things got very calm very fast. He took a blow like a zombie, completely unaffected and just drove a punch like a sledge. He looked like paper wrapped over bone but could toss someone bodily through the air like it was a magic trick. I'm sure he couldn't do it continuously but whenever he clicked into lala land, he was worthy.

My gpa had a serious issue with ptsd. He sat hobbled up in his chair while all the adult children got rowdy but whenever a fight broke out (8 adult drunken brothers) and gpa stood up, no one was going toe to toe with him for fear of dying. Things got very calm very fast. He took a blow like a zombie, completely unaffected and just drove a punch like a sledge. He looked like paper wrapped over bone but could toss someone bodily through the air like it was a magic trick. I'm sure he couldn't do it continuously but whenever he clicked into lala land, he was worthy.
Grandpa’s are awesome aren’t they… sorry to hear he struggled with PTSD… that’s not a easy thing to deal with..

But it sure does sound like you have some great stories of him!

I can't help but wonder how much of this had to do with the various injuries Harrison Ford has suffered in recent years both on and off the sets. Almost everyone eventually reaches an age when they can no longer do the physical things they could do when they were younger, and injuries add to that list, but as I was watching The Dial of Density I couldn't help but think Ford was just too old for this...stuff.

well, the top is a net, so even without popping....

Technically she is exposed twice during her "resistance" to Jabba... once when she's pulling on the chain, and the second time mere moments later when Jabba triggers the trap door... it happens again.

And you know... for the Special edition, they COULD have digitally edited the scene to extend her costume and cover her exposed chest, but they left it in... on purpose.

When they brought Femi Taylor back almost 13 years later to film her ROTJ: Special Edition scenes, it's AMAZING how good she looked! Like no time had passed. The health of a dancer, I guess.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back