Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Beautiful !!!! It is so good to hear from Indy again : for one moment I thought I was the last fan on earth ;-)
More seriously, thanks for sharing your progress.

Update: got all of the inking done and have started the aging. Since the paper I started with already had a good weathered look I began by hitting it all with an 80 grit sanding block. This has aged the ink nicely and gives some good wear to the paper. Next up I'm planning on giving it some stains and then I'll create the tears, burns, etc.

Map3.jpg

Update: got all of the inking done and have started the aging. Since the paper I started with already had a good weathered look I began by hitting it all with an 80 grit sanding block. This has aged the ink nicely and gives some good wear to the paper. Next up I'm planning on giving it some stains and then I'll create the tears, burns, etc.

View attachment 708981

Hmm, I think I may have had an idea to accelerate the aging process on paper items: give them to my kids and tell them to put them with their homework. Should be a wrinkled, stained mess in no time!

Hmm, I think I may have had an idea to accelerate the aging process on paper items: give them to my kids and tell them to put them with their homework. Should be a wrinkled, stained mess in no time!

Hahaha. Sounds like it will work lol. I did my original with a wooden scraper and some 100 grit sandpaper. sanded it and crinkled the edges. Then I unwrinkled them, and crinkled it again. Its the same technique I used for the silver certificate in my Grail Diary. Works great and make it floppy like the one in the film.

Best wishes,
Mike

Hey guys,

If you look at the second page of the thread, when the conversation began about the Nazi Secret Cables that were distributed by PropReplicator about 17 years ago, I actually still have a few. Wayne was my dad so I still have many of the originals and have been producing more lately for sale. I will start an interest thread for a run of these soon, but until then here is the one i recently finished (bottom, and my dad’s aka PropReplicators (top) in a nice little frame:)

Wayne+Alex's Secret Nazi Cables.jpg
Wayne+Alex's Secret Nazi Cables #2.jpg

Best Wishes,
Mike

PropReplicator2 Congrats to the great looking cable replica, but you might want to check the text of the stamp at the bottom. There is a spelling mistake.
Text should read "REICHSMINISTERIUM FÜR ALTERTUMSFORSCHUNG", your stamp is reading "... ULTERTUMSFORSCHUNG".

You maybe want to change this.

Best

Last edited by a moderator:
@PropReplicator2 Congrats to the great looking cable replica, but you might want to check the text of the stamp at the bottom. There is a spelling mistake.
Text should read "REICHSMINISTERIUM FÜR ALTERTUMSFORSCHUNG", your stamp is reading "... ULTERTUMSFORSCHUNG".

You maybe want to change this.

Best
Darn it! Didn't even notice that! That's what I get for rushing this. Tried to match it perfectly to the originals we made and I guess we made a mistake back then too... Thanks for catching that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, first run at aging and distressing is done, not sure if I want to leave well enough alone and call this done or if I want to keep going. Anyways, I present my version of the Darth Saber Raider's Map: (Next up: create the Idol itself!)

IMG_20170225_225821085.jpgIMG_20170225_230054770.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back