Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

ok heres my take on the old favourite "Raiders Map" - watching the inro sequence it became evident that there was nothing on the map or if there was it was very faint and hard to see, and also each of the peices would have been aged differently, that aside for now heres my take on the map as a whole not in sections hope you like - comments please good or bad.

Please note this is not the one that is going into the "lost Journal" that one is going to be completely different and hand drawn my either me or DD28 and completely out of our imagination, but oviously staying within the "Canon" of the film

Raiders Map.jpg

Last edited:
ok heres my take on the old favourite "Raiders Map" - watching the inro sequence it became evident that there was nothing on the map or if there was it was very faint and hard to see, and also each of the peices would have been aged differently, that aside for now heres my take on the map as a whole not in sections hope you like - comments please good or bad.

You need a better TV, there is actually quite a bit on the map including rivers that are painted blue, mountain ranges.
The large N in the lower right of the larger right top piece is quite evident and was discussed some time ago (possibly on COW).

I was watching it the other day and could see some of the details.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of doing the passport shown in Crystal Skull... anyone know the source image for his passport photo:

harryford_zps6dbb349c.jpg

Thanks,
Magnoli

I have seen it on my travels looking for Indy related stuff for the journal, I'll look through the files to see if I have it - not sure tho as we are using a photo of young indy for our passport.

Does anyone have a high res version of the artwork inside the Raider's bible? I want to work on making my own pages and thought I would touch base with you guys first.

Please do NOT post hi-res files of the Bible interior.

The print is sold through Dreams and Vision Press and all the proceeds go to Ralph's wife to try and pay for the medical bills Ralph incurred in his last years of life - the cost of which has left her and the family in tough financial straits.

Mods, please take note.

Thank you.

Last edited:
That's fair, thanks for the heads up. I don't mind picking up a print, especially for a good cause.

Last edited:
I found this photo in a book and thought it might make a nice addition to go with someone's Raiders map. This is an aerial photo of Kalalea Mountain aka Paramount Peak shown at the very beginning of Raiders as the area looked in 1924. Where is all the vegetation?? The remains of the dock in the foreground are still visible today. Any way, hope you enjoy it. If you want a larger scan PM me.

Oops. I got asked to take this picture down.

Last edited:
Yeah.. we had that one custom made for a customer. If I remember correctly, it was $250 in the screen-accurate size, hand-painted on canvas, shipped rolled in a tube.

I found this photo in a book and thought it might make a nice addition to go with someone's Raiders map. This is an aerial photo of Kalalea Mountain aka Paramount Peak shown at the very beginning of Raiders as the area looked in 1924. Where is all the vegetation?? The remains of the dock in the foreground are still visible today. Any way, hope you enjoy it. If you want a larger scan PM me.

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, but I'd love to get a larger copy.

Last edited:
I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, but I'd love to get a larger copy.

Oops. My membership lapsed, but it's fixed now. PM your email address and I'll send you a larger copy after work this evening. Otherwise I'll send you a dropbox invite. I can't remember how big the file is.

Does anyone remember who did a sales run of the Raiders Bible page a few years ago? They had the McQuarrie print colored and did a great job aging the entire page? Search isn't turning up anything.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back