Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

HAHAHA... didn't take long for the idea of the Telegram to hit Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDIANA-JONES-A...lm_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item1c1187b25b

If I am in the wrong posting this link, please feel free to remove it. Not sure if the seller is on here, and it is different from the prop posted in this thread... so they didn't copy it or lift it from here. But it is amazing how, as soon as a good idea pops up here, someone lists somethiing close to it on Ebay.

Last edited:
HAHAHA... didn't take long for the idea of the Telegram to hit Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDIANA-JONES-AN...item1c1187b25b

If I am in the wrong posting this link, please feel free to remove it. Not sure if the seller is on here, and it is different from the prop posted in this thread... so they didn't copy it or lift it from here. But it is amazing how, as soon as a good idea pops up here, someone lists somethiing close to it on Ebay.

I've seen a few copies of the telegram on ebay over the years so it's really nothing new. None of them are even remotely accurate to a real WW2 military telegram though. ;)

I got mine from a guy that reproduces real WW2 paperwork so it would be authentic. Not the greatest "showpiece" because there's no swastika on it (other than the stamp) but authentic to what would have been used. :)

I did not know that they have been posted over the years, lol. My bad!!

But still, it amazes me how many items get their roots from postings here. I still have to say...

"if it did not come from the talent onhere, then it is usually crap!!"--but that is just my opinion :eek:)

"if it did not come from the talent onhere, then it is usually crap!!"--but that is just my opinion :eek:)

Most of the time that's absolutely right. :)

The key to getting good items off places like ebay is to find someone that doesn't produce props. In this case the guy mainly did items for museums & reenactors so I felt pretty safe. He even typed it up for me on a real WW2 typewriter and used a real stamp! :D

well, the talent on the board here is pretty impressive. I just hope one day to be able to produce something worthy of sharing, to pay back everyone for their time and their ability they have shared here.

well, the talent on the board here is pretty impressive. I just hope one day to be able to produce something worthy of sharing, to pay back everyone for their time and their ability they have shared here.

Here Here!

well, either he bought it and is reselling from his own collection or he stole the image.... and most likely we will never know.

It has been removed, either by him or Ebay.

Some of the items are from the "Lost Journal of Indiana Jones". The Willie pic and menu from Pankot; the Hitler poster and another style German Telegram to Dr. Schneider.

I am very curious were they got the top half of the Nazi propaganda poster. I have looked ever since the book came out and found nothing. I believe it is a composite of 2 posters; one being an American propaganda poster and the other a portrait of Hitler.

Any updates on that bible page? Just curious if anyone was able to find the bottom half to the illustration posted earlier?

I think I must have one of Wayne's telegrams.

I also made one myself :)

Whereas the first two posted here are what a German on the receiving or sending end might physically have, mine is intended to be what our US agents might physically have: the a printout of the text from the wiretap on the German cable.

Please forgive my monstrous errors in spelling, grammar and syntax. I used an online translator.

Enjoy :)

-Mike J.

Attachments

• ssb-mj.jpg
    ssb-mj.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 733

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back