In your opinion - what's the WORST Pixar movie?

I have to agree that Cars didn't draw me in, but I can at least watch it over and over cause I always forget what happens in it, where as A Bugs Life didn't draw me in at all and was more of an annoyance I wish I could forget entirely.

My worst list -- WALL-E, and Bugs Life. I so wanted to leave the theater during WALL-E! Didn't see the Rat movie yet, but I'm guessing that will make the list as well, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Doug

Last edited:
CARS - I'll never be able to like NASCAR. Sorry. It's the only one I don't want to watch again, EVER! It's my nephew's favorite though...

WALL-E is my favorite by far.

What did you find wrong about Wall-e?

I thought it was one of there best next to the original Toy Story

Just to hit on a couple, I could not relate to the characters (unsympathetic), and the story was too blunt in its preaching (sophomoric). Basically they lost me out of the gate and it went down from there.

Doug

Well, since I said it was my favorite, I guess it's up to me to defend it.

To me it's like Idiocracy, an indictment of where we're headed as a species that cares more for rampant consumerism than anything else. I totally see that as our future if we're not careful. Though Idiocracy was more about idiots reproducing at a faster rate than intelligent people, I think Wall-E and Idiocracy are inherently related. Consumerism and idiocy are only separated by a matter of degrees. Everything else, I'll assume is outside of the realm of the user guidelines.

I think the characters interaction is beautiful and as touching or more-so as any non-human's quest for humanity as ever depicted.

Last edited:
Well, since I said it was my favorite, I guess it's up to me to defend it.

To me it's like Idiocracy, an indictment of where we're headed as a species that cares more for rampant consumerism than anything else. I totally see that as our future if we're not careful. Though Idiocracy was more about idiots reproducing at a faster rate than intelligent people, I think Wall-E and Idiocracy are inherently related. Consumerism and idiocy are only separated by a matter of degrees. Everything else, I'll assume is outside of the realm of the user guidelines.

I think the characters interaction is beautiful and as touching or more-so as any non-human's quest for humanity as ever depicted.

Believe me I fully understand the movie, hard no to -- that's the rub. For me it was done in a ham-fisted way as opposed to well crafted. Can't agree on the character interaction (no sympathy or connection for me).

No need to defend it, just one guy's opinion (all good). :thumbsup

Doug

Agree with everyone else... Cars is my least favorite and it all comes down to the story. Just don't dig it.

I agree on Cars. There was another screenplay being developed at Fox right before Cars was given the full green. It was about talking vehicles but they were in a human world - I believe in the story, an invention was marketed that could be placed in any auto and it would make it a "Supermoblie" granting it the ability to think, talk and what have you. It was called Bumper to Bumper and it was a much better script IMO.

For me it is wall-e (trying really hard here to like it, but it feels kind of bland) and Ratatouille (feels kind of like a short movie).

But Toystory 3 ranks above all of them. Way too heavy for my tastes in terms of drama and real, life threatening danger and "real" evil. The overall mood muuuch too dark, especially towards the end. No redemption?

I have not decided on UP yet, the beginning was really touching, but the rest ...

Cars and Wall-e are tied for me. We watched each one once, then tried to re-watch again but couldn't make it through. Couldn't get into the story with Cars, and simply didn't enjoy Wall-e.

I actually found Cars surprisingly enjoyable (very much in spite of Owen Wilson being the main character. I HATE that guy). Having done a lot of road trips in my youth with my family, I found the nostalgia for the small roadside towns kind of made the movie work for me.

For me, it was Finding Nemo that is my least favorite. I just could NOT get into the characters. Dory and Marlin were way too annoying for my taste. The only part of it I actually enjoyed was the part with the sea turtles.

I never got into Cars, either. I'll give you my theory why it seems to fall short for a lot of people. Because John Lassiter has a passion for cars and (from what i've read) this Pixar film is considered to be HIS baby. So, since John is the big boss at Pixar, who's gonna tell him 'no,' when something in the script, animation, or any other aspect of the film, isn't quite working? I know in sitcom writers rooms, whenever the Executive Producer writes an episode, it's a general rule that the staff writers leave the script alone. The Ex Prod likes his script. He likes his lines. He doesn't want your notes. He/she will disregard your input. He's the boss. Everyone else on staff has their script read by the rest of the writers and there's always a note session where EVERYONE is allowed to contribute and pitch jokes and critique the work, usually making a good script BETTER. (Or potentially worse if there isn't someone guiding the process)

I suspect CARS didn't get the usual group think tank process that Pixar films are known for. And if suffers from it.

Again, this is just my theory. I could be way off base.

Never saw Rat., but Wall-E was a dud for me. It was like two very different, incompatible movies just mashed all together. The first half I enjoyed. Once they got on the ship though...nah.

Cars is my least fav as well. I haven't even seen half of it I don't think. Then again though I'm not really a 'car' person so there really wasn't much for me to connect to with the characters and I was having a hard time trying to find out what the story was supposed to be. I'm actually surprised by no one liking A Bugs Life.....that has to be one of my favs but maybe I'm the only one lol. I know it's a bit more of a childish plot and lines but I love the voice actors and the overall feel of the film. Even in the 'dark' bits it's still a lighthearted watch. Same with Nemo....I love watching those two the most because they make me feel relaxed. I think the visuals and music in Nemo are beautiful and the same as in A Bugs life that even the 'dark' bits have a sort of lightness to them.....well maybe not the very beginning of Nemo lol but the rest of it. Of course this comes from someone who works at home and watches movies in the background all the time so I need that sort of calming not much going on film lol.

I agree on Cars. There was another screenplay being developed at Fox right before Cars was given the full green. It was about talking vehicles but they were in a human world - I believe in the story, an invention was marketed that could be placed in any auto and it would make it a "Supermoblie" granting it the ability to think, talk and what have you. It was called Bumper to Bumper and it was a much better script IMO.

Speed Buggy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjveJyqI6yM

Another vote for Cars. They did some market research to figure out what toy 1-9 year old boys liked to play with the most and then slapped together a 2 hour commercial.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back