In need of a Phaser 1 (cricket phaser) for Star Trek The Search for Spock kit...

Warren Colvett

A long while back I picked up a resin Phaser kit from "Search for Spock" (I think the name of the vendor was Dreadnought Industries or something similar) but never built it out... When we moved the Phaser 1 from it vanished never to have been found again. I've been pointed to and tried to get a replacement from various other prop makers over the years but it never seemed to pan out. So I'm hoping maybe someone here might have a lead on where I can pick up a simple cast/resin Phaser 1 I can use to complete this kit and finally build it up.

Star Trek Phaser 2B.jpg

Star Trek Phaser 2B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's kewl, no worries, I was just pointing out that if you got the toy 1 you could cast the p1 and have a functioning and static 1..............

anyway here is a link to Mr. Coyles sight .. http://racprops.com/ , you can read up on how he made these for st3 and 4.

you can get his email from there and send him a email to find out if he can cast 1 up for you.

I have this one from my EvelBay crap buying days. you can have It for free. PM your address and I will send it out next week. but It's not the same configuration I believe that goes on this weapon. there were two different types of Phaser 1 that came with the kit I bought. i'm keeping the other one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 341
I have this one from my EvelBay crap buying days. you can have It for free. PM your address and I will send it out next week. but It's not the same configuration I believe that goes on this weapon. there were two different types of Phaser 1 that came with the kit I bought. i'm keeping the other one.

PM sent... Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it!

That's kewl, no worries, I was just pointing out that if you got the toy 1 you could cast the p1 and have a functioning and static 1..............

anyway here is a link to Mr. Coyles sight .. http://racprops.com/ , you can read up on how he made these for st3 and 4.

you can get his email from there and send him a email to find out if he can cast 1 up for you.

I do certainly appreciate the pointer... I might pick this up to have a functioning one... But I've never cast anything, so probably not something I could take on and get done quickly... :)

I'm just starting to dabble in the prop building, so far really my experience has been more toward just model kit builds (standard retail styrene stuff) and built a couple of sink tube sabers... I've had all these Phaser resin kits for years but got sidelined by real life stuff, and now that OTHER real life stuff is crumbling I'm going to try to get back to learning this as a distraction (at least at first)...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back