Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

I have been waiting for 4 months for my kit but still haven't received yet. Richard promised I will receive it before X'mas. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

“Command Station…This is ST 321 Code Clearance Blue..”
Studio Scale Tydirium Shuttle

Hey guys.. it’s time to deactivate the security shield…. The Shuttle Tydirium V3 is starting it’s approach. I’ve taken over the wonderful patterns made by our very own Neil aka VOS! First run of kit by REL….. The patterns are fantastic!

383659195.jpg

However there are some part accuracy problems on the original build. Though the original scratched parts are dead on…. Neil suggested I upgrade prior to the next release.
Ive spent the last couple months getting this puppy more accurate with original kit parts! So here are some of the pictures
First I hollowed out an area for the Koolshade to go. The original pattern this area was filled in. Once the casting is made the section of Koolshade will be glue in from the back side.

383659178.jpg

383659155.jpg

383659166.jpg

383659150.jpg

Once this was complete I found parts to upgrade the guns and lower hulls with accurate details.

383659246.jpg

383659236.jpg

383659228.jpg

I was informed that the detail cluster on back of the head was scratched so I replaced those parts with accurate version to the studio model. I created a two part head pattern. I had to add about 2cm of material to the overall head to make room for the original parts. I also opened up the upper cockpit to allow room for a cockpit.

383659217.jpg

383659208.jpg

383659212.jpg

383659223.jpg

383659254.jpg

On a side note.. Neils patterns are so size accurate the original parts dropped in place without much reworking!! Great Job Neil!
The last upgrade was to the lower nose detail… I added the 4 correct scoops.

383659250.jpg

383659274.jpg

The shuttle will also come with 6 laser cut acrylic gears. The wings will not be hollow epoxy but rather stock aluminum reinforced resin. The stock will not allow any movement. As in all my hero models there will be an aluminum armature available as well as a light kit produced by VooDoo FX. I’m in the molding stage now.

Rich sent me his interest list but I had a computer crash and lost this information. I’ve got phone calls and emails into Rich to see if he still has this.. if not and you want to know more info shoot me a pm or better yet an email sneisen@bresnan.net
I will post pictures of the castings as soon as they are complete.. will also start an interest list in the Junk Yard!
Thanks for looking!

Steve

Hey Rich!

Thanks man! That sounds great!!! Also could you reshoot me the interest list.. want to confirm with folks that have shown interest before getting a new list started!! Also sent you a email ref the other stuff... can you get back to me please...

Thanks man

Steve

Looks great, Steve.

Also, the original run will be finished this month.

Hi Steve,

It looks like you're doing a great upgrade to the shuttle kit! I'd be interested in getting the upgraded parts in my kit yet to ship from Richard, or after from you. If it's ready to ship :)

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
Hey Steve, nice upgrade !

You've got some wront parts though :

383659212.jpg

The little gray box between the 2 Z1300 parts, the right part is also from the Z1300 :

LS74.jpg

Also it looks like you got the right parts for the guns

383659236.jpg

they should be those ones :

LS67.jpg

Those are from the 1/350 Tamiya Bismark, I dont know if you have the right kit because you dont have to add the ribs on the Tamiya parts, they're a whole part :

383659228.jpg

You can also upgrade the underside of the body with those 2 parts :

LS30.jpg

They're also from the 1/350 Bismark (Tamiya).

Now you should be able to do the V3.1, the ultimate Shuttle ! :)

BTW have you received the mail I sent you last week ?

Tox,

Thanks for those... whats the part number in the 1300 kit.. cant seem to find that one...

The gun parts are from the 1/350 Bizmark.. the right and left gun detail are in the kit... also on top ... are those cut down flak38 guns if not can you guide me? will check again for the correct parts noted..

any luck with this one?

383679089.jpg

Will get those guns tightened up... and find that lil box!

please resend your mail.

Steve

John found these today...

383733819.jpg

Some of the items found are kit parts already on the master but the main pieces were scratched.. looks like she's shaping up detail wise nicley!

Hey TOX found that square!
383733821.jpg

Picture of the rear detail.....
383733824.jpg

Let the molding begin!!!!

Steve

THIS is a GREAT collaboration of improvement that is simply FANTASTIC! It is beautiful to witness. (y)):thumbsup

Steve.... when you get a chance... please email me some of the hi-res photos of the improvements that may be shown. ;)

Most excellent! (y)cool:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back