IM Nation's Buzz ligthyear build FOAM

Thanks for the offer. While I've got too many time and resources tied up in several projects right now, I'd have to take a raincheck. But maybe at some point I'll be asking you to commission one of these.

Great progress sir. It's always amazing how each piece added makes a costume look much better than you'd expect from that piece alone.

As for the question regarding joints, I am really curious to see the end result of IM's build, I think that's probably the most realistic version I've seen. Most of the examples I've seen online (from Disney productions etc.) seem to have a small light weight/softish looking ball sewn or attached at some of the joints to give you the grey ball look but they are not really accurate on position or size. With black clothing on underneath I didn't think it was super noticeable for my end result that I skipped them, even though I had originally intended on attaching a couple of balls like the examples I saw.

As for the question regarding joints, I am really curious to see the end result of IM's build, I think that's probably the most realistic version I've seen.

wow this make me :$
the suit is on his way to hes new owner. a client just commision this build. hes the one will paint and add transparent dome for the suit. hes from US and he said he will buy the dome from canada. i post more progress with the client build for the suit.

thanks theduggo for kind comment

im doing a robocop build now for another client

I love how these are coming out... What would the rough diameter be for a clear dome to fit one of these? I was wondering if my vacform could pull one big enough to fit. Anyways, great work!

Can you post the template you used? The suit is great. I want to make one, but don't really know where to start
This is just a paper craft pattern just rescaled it for human size

I love how these are coming out... What would the rough diameter be for a clear dome to fit one of these? I was wondering if my vacform could pull one big enough to fit. Anyways, great work!
Thanks master lee :thumbsup it's 22" dia

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back