If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represented?

Re: If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represente

Wow! Is there anything that ISN'T made into an ornament nowadays?? :lol

Re: If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represente

Well, I also have the Charlie Brown tree, I do have a few more ornaments on mine. I actually have the shuttlecraft Galileo somewhere in a box at my parent's house. But last year's Indy/Idol hallmark ornament is a fixture on my tree.

Wow! Is there anything that ISN'T made into an ornament nowadays?? :lol

On that note..since I didn't have an angel or star after the wife left me I had my Mr. Hankey plush atop my tree for a while. It looked cool with his arm around the top branch but it felt soooooo wrong so I replaced it with a small Angel.

Someone needs to make a headpiece to the staff of Ra tree topper!

Here's ours. You should be able to see the little R2D2 lights, but I don't think the ornaments are very clear. There aren't any props, but there is sort of a costume - the Hallmark ornament that came out a few years ago, with Wonder Woman's suit, cape, and tiara on a hanger. We have a bunch of Star Wars ornaments, superheroes, a few Mario Bros characters, plus some Disney thrown in the mix. My husband and I have so many ornaments from when we were kids that we often have to pick and choose. My family was a little old-fashioned so I had a lot of stained glass, animals, dolls, that kind of stuff. We try to make a nice mix of geeky and more traditional stuff. We haven't found the perfect tree-topper yet, but instead alternate between kind of a goofy snowman that was a gift and the star in the pictures. This is the first year my husband set up the train, and I picked a few toys we had around as part of the display. I might add a few more at some point.
Edited to add: I guess the doll sitting on the bench is prop-related, because it's an unaltered Brikette, like the one I'm using to make Talky Tina.
0092.jpg

Last edited:

I too have the talking shuttlecraft along with the original Enterprise. Makes me smile every time I see them :)

I seem to have misplaced most of my Trek ornaments, but i have been buying some of the recent Star Trek, Star Wars and other released ornaments "for the kids."
So we have a Death Star and a landspeeder, WALL•E, Iron Man and a handful of others. The biggest problem is the kids taking them off the tree to play with them.

So, they get glued back together and we seem to lose at least one through attrition every year.

Oh well. I was considering getting a little tabletop tree "for daddy" to put ornaments on that I didn't want broken, but I think I will just wait a few more years.

I saw the Charlie Brown tree at the store the other day too, cool!

I'm making myself a small TARDIS to put on the top of the tree. Our ornaments are so old some of the paint started to flake off, so our goal is go grab some new ornaments on sale. I'm gonna steer my mom into getting blue and white so the TARDIS will fit.

We already have a lot of cool ornaments, but I'm thinking about sculpting some Twilight Zone related objects and adding them. Maybe I'll drill holes in spare JLU figures and hang them too.

My mom bought something like 20 of the talking shuttle craft ornaments on clearance way back in the day. She had head that the Star Trek Hallmark ornaments were going for $200 to collectors. I didnt have the heart to tell her it was the original Enterprise that went for $$$$.

The aluminum pole goes up. I find tinsel too distracting. ;)

Our only fandom on our tree are the two star wars snow flakes:

swtree2.jpg

swtree.jpg

Thanks to Sith Camaro for the idea!! :D

I've got a number of SW ornaments and the wife has the Wonder Woman costume on hanger thing and some othe nerd/pop culture things.

My best tree was the year I was single and had my own place.

I called my buddies one day asking if they'd help decorate my xmas tree, they thought it was a bit "froo-froo" until I told them I was decoratting it with beer cans and needed help emptying them! They showed up in a hurry!

Looked pretty good too. All Labatt's BLue (silver/blue cans) with all blue lights and some silver beads.

By the following year I met the wife. No more beer can tree:unsure

Some pretty good trees shown here, and good ornament sets mentioned.

My own tree has a rather eclectic range of ornaments, from handmade stuff from departed relatives and friends, to typical storebought items. But I do have an Enterprise-D ornament, a Superman Action Comics #1 ornament, and several Hot Wheels ornaments. I've also put fishing line on several Gundam action figures (4" size) and put them on the tree for the last few years. This year I added a bunch of Iron Man action figures - a good portion of the Movie/Comic/Concept series lines. They're all just straddling branches. Also a WWII and a modern Captain America near a patriotic ornament that came from Colonial Williamsburg. And a couple Battlemechs (Playmates' old Robotech/Exo Squad line). And phaser, tricorder and communicator keychains repurposed as ornaments. Also Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser keychains. So, yeah, I'm representing, I'd say.

Jim

The moment you have children that exposed to "arts and crafts" you collection of Xmas ornaments will be never ending!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back