If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represented?

Shylaah

Sr Member
Just wondering if your love of movies, costumes and props spill over into your holiday decorating.

I have an OZ section on my tree, and a few odds and ends--a Jack Sparrow ornament I made from a ship's wheel for an aquarium and baldric, pistol, tricorn, compass I cannibalized from a NECA figure. And the Time Turner key chain I pressed into service as an ornament. I had to put glue in the connections to hold it in an open position, and I thought "how sad" as the designer/maker worked so hard to ensure it would totally spin properly....

Here's a pic of part of the OZ section. It didn't come out too well, and the Sparrow and Time Turner were so out of focus you couldn't see them.....It's hard to photograph stuff on the tree!!! Maybe get some better ones later.....

Ctree-OZ.jpg

Shylaah
Ctree-OZ.jpg

Re: If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represente

I've got a Galileo Shuttlecraft with Spock saying Happy Holidays, and an Apollo LEM.

Re: If you decorate a tree for the holidays-is your passion for this hobby represente

I have my own mini tree with all star wars ornaments on it, but I sneak a blown glass boba onto the big tree every year.

A Bird of Prey ornament is on my tree every year! :thumbsup

2136951304_d4d83b772d.jpg

Kevin

Last edited:

If I had it my way, the staff of Ra headpiece would be on top of the tree!:)

This year I hung the talking ST:TOS shuttlecraft (like Mic's) as well as an ornament of a Jawa fitting a restraining bolt to R2. I actually have a lot of sci-fi oriented stuff, but my wife only lets me put a couple on every year. :lol She's tolerant, but not quite as into it as I am.

I have that Indy, a Superman, The same Klingon Bird of Prey, Next Generation Enterprise, TOS Shuttle, TOS Phaser, TOS Communicator, very fragile Yoda, Vader & Fett glass ornaments, Imperial Shuttle Twilight Zone TV, Pac Man arcade...

Speaking of..my TOS SHuttle won't talk any more when I press the button. I think the lights I have (which are smaller so I had to cut one of the sockets to plug in the ornament) may be a different voltage or something? I did the same with my Klingon Bird of Prey and it lights up, but the Shuttle won't talk. :(

My Next Gen enterprise won't light up either.

Edit...I tried the Enterprise in the same socket the Bird of Prey was in and it works..the same with the TOS Shuttle. It worked too! I guess I had them in a light series that must have a burnt bulb somewhere. I cut and plugged them in sockets with working lights and all is good. :) I'll have to pick up a new set of lights for next year!

Last edited:

My tree is the Charlie Brown christmas tree, so the entire tree is a prop. Of course, I always prop my Red Ryder BB gun next to it, so it doubles up all my christmass prop goodness.

-Fred

I have a good number of Star Wars ornaments, my Beatles ornaments, Harry Potter, and Gandalf (my parents have the matching Frodo on their tree.)

My tree is the Charlie Brown christmas tree, so the entire tree is a prop. Of course, I always prop my Red Ryder BB gun next to it, so it doubles up all my christmass prop goodness.

Post some pics.

I am happy to say I managed to get a Charlie Brown tree this year too.

I have the Polar Express train on display this year too since the kids will be getting a train set for Christmas..I wanted the novelty of this around the tree to be less exciting that their other set. ;)

Yup!

Our "angel"...

img3011385x640.jpg

Thankfully, I have an awesome (tolerant) wife!

Yeah the wife and I have our prop/movie stuff on the tree.
It has :

Hallmark Ornaments
3 Indiana Jones ornaments...the whip cracking, the idol scene, the snake scene
ectomobile
Statler and waldorf in the balcony
muppets animal with drumset
swedish chef ornament
Boba fett

then we have the glass fett and vader helmet

Here's mine, I sell them every year on the bay. Only 5 left! Hurry up, folks! The wife tolerates my Hallmark Star Trek and Star Wars stuff, too. But the kids love them!

Here is my "nerd tree" that is hidden away in the formal dining room. I need a new picture this one is a couple years old and I get new ornaments every year.

And this is my "Christmas Story Display" but it is up year round in the pool room.

need-some-help-christmas-story-display-updated-finished-display-12-22-christmas-story-2.jpg-9892d1229933312

Let's see, I have various Hallmark Star Trek, Star Wars and other nerd ornaments including:
Klingon Bird of Prey (as seen above)
Romulan Warbird
Enterprise E
Deep Space 9
Voyager
Borg Cube (it talks)
Runabout (Worf wishes you a most honorable holiday)
Guardian of Forever
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
501st Clonetrooper (incorrectly labeled as a Clone Trooper Lieutenant)
Spider-man
Harry Potter (2 different ones)
Gandalf the Grey

It helps that my wife is a bit nerdy, too. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back