If it didn't say 'Graflex', what would it say?

I could keep going, but... eh. :)

Right, you don't want to make your implication tooo obvious lest you get called on it. :lol

pOsitrOnic--I'll do this one, someone else can do the others. Is this what you mean?

(revised 8:50 pm pacific time)
clampaur2rv0.jpg

Last edited:
I have looked into getting one of these engraved. Of course that's the expensive way to do it (I understand the originals and replicas are stamped?). The hand-engraver hasn't got back to me yet. A machine-engraver quoted a bit under $400 to engrave one on a tube of stainless, about $115 ea. for 5. . . . heh. :confused

Last edited:
Howard, I’m afraid it just says “GMXD;HA” in Aurabesh. :p That actually works for me, I like the idea of a sort of obscure part number.

FB, I’m not familiar with ways of getting the pattern to be etched laid out in the masking material without a lot of hand work?

By the way I did look into whether there would be a cost savings if doing multiple patterns of symbols at the same time, and the answer is yes, but there would still be another $100 or so to spread around the orders for each separate style.

How about this?

1. Have someone who can do those laser-cut vinyl stencils make one for you in reverse (letters are cutout, everything else is the sticker)

2. Apply to clamp base material

3. Use a small hobby sandblaster with the micro-fine glass beads to bead-blast at the leters leaving the self-adheisive vinyl to protect the base material.

4. Remove vinyl, clean, roll and fold into clamp shape, enjoy.

Also, careful painting might yeild the same results.

Hey JK, I bet you could make that work pretty well, but I'm looking for something with a really solid feel that also says "I'm ready for my close up" ;) :lol

Well, you could have a machine shop mill the letters out of a solid piece of steel, like a rubber stamp, and then use an arbor press to stamp the metal yourself?

JK--stamps are expensive to make, which is fine for high-volume runs (I think that's how the replicas are made), but for me I don't think it would be practical. (Although now I think about it, I should at least consider looking into it in case I could then get some made by a Graflex clamp replica vendor).

If enough people are into this idea maybe we could do a poll and see what the most popular design is. If a clamp-replica maker decided to do the most popular design I'd probably be happy with that, even though I am inclined toward a more idealized design.

FB--thanks again! I think the previous place you posted would be a good bet for an etched version, but I am just crazy enough to be thinking of doing the expensive machine engraving on a SS tube (the hand-engraving idea doesn't seem a good match after I spoke with the engraver). If I am going to finally culminate an obsession here I may as well throw money away on it, right? :lol ;)

Last edited:
What about the 'Things Remembered' down at the local mall?

My wife had some picture frames engraved there, they have a maching that can CNC engrave almost anything that the machine can clamp into. The price was not that bad either.

Howard, I’m afraid it just says “GMXD;HA” in Aurabesh. :p That actually works for me, I like the idea of a sort of obscure part number.
Digging up this old thread, that I find myself returning to every now and then. Even though the image links in this thread has past their expiration dates, the topic is still interesting to me. So I figured that I should contribute something for once.

This is an "IKEA-chair-leg-saber" I'm making for my son, who wants to be a jedi when he grow up.
I made a clamp mockup in 2mm aluminium before comitting to stainless. I descided to try Serafino's "part number" on there and it looks great.
DSC_0965[1].JPG

Here I thought I had an original idea about wanting GRAFLEX in Aurebesh on my lightsaber clamps. Way to beat me to it by 8 years Serafino !

I've mentioned these folks in various other threads, but this idea is one of the reasons I'm keen to find a shop with one of these machines...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmDOBtixHU

It'd also be neat to come up with a saying or verse or Jedi Prayer or the like to inscribe on the clamp in Aurebesh...

"This little light of mine..."
"This is my lightsaber. There are many like it but this one is mine."
"I pray thee Jedi, light my Path that I might find my way."
"Guide me safely through the Dark."
"I Am The Force. And I Am With You."
"The Light You Seek Is Held Within."
"The Path may wind and turn, but my Light shall point the Way."
"Here is my beacon, here is my Light, fight through the Darkness in day and in night."
"Once a Jedi, ALWAYS a Jedi."
"I burn brightest when your Force is pure."

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back