Identifying Jayne Cobb's Gun belt

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What kind of gun belt does Jayne use?

I have not identified Jayne's gun belt. The one he uses to carry the LeMat in the Firefly TV show.

Thanks.

I found this one on E-Bay, but I really want to identify the holster too...
jaynebelt.jpg

I definitely would like to identify the holster as well. Sulla can you share any info on what kind of belt that is?

It's a live auction that is not mine, so I didn't post a link. I do know its a reproduction, as afar as the item's description said.

It appears to be a Bianchi pistol belt. I think it was called the Texas Ranger, or something like that. Since it appears to have "keepers", it may be a police duty belt.

The holster in the pic is an Eagle SAS MK something another... it's one of the thigh mounted versions that has been raised up closer to the belt. Notice the pistol mag pouch on the front of the holster. These holsters have been in production for the past 20 years and there are several copy-cat versions made by Blackhawk.

Looks like a Bianchi to me too. It's a Texas Ranger style belt. Kits for this type can be found at just about ANY leather shop, and the two snap keepers are a cinch to make.

If anyone's interested, I may be able to punch a few of these out...

Originally posted by EchoLeader@Mar 20 2006, 02:48 PM
Definitely a police duty ranger belt with keepers.
AWESOME. Thanks EchoLeader.

So we have the belt. Now how's about that holster. Anyone have good screen shots of the holster from the TV show? The one for the LeMat?

AWESOME.  Thanks EchoLeader.

So we have the belt.  Now how's about that holster.  Anyone have good screen shots of the holster from the TV show?  The one for the LeMat?
takes me too long to reply. :p

Can we get some screen shots of Jayne's TV used holster? For accuracy and possible mods. Anyone have some?

I've found the correct version of Eagle SAS MK holster for Jayne's gun. The one EchoLeader posted is pretty much the same, it's the SAS MKV but I am pretty sure the one on the show is the SAS MKIII which would require no modification since it only has one leg strap.

8B47.jpeg

Or possibly the SAS MKIII Airborne version which would just require removing the extra strap for holding the pistol in.
37C5.jpeg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back