Icons Replicas

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jul 7 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1276258[/snapback]</div>
I Quit Icons around the time they started stalling us on our paychecks and offering us product as compensation instead of late fees, that was around the time they were prototyping the LIS Robot and the Predator Spear
[/b]

Dude, they didn't "stall" our paychecks -- they cast them out of spare silicone.

*Bouncy - bouncy - bouncy.*

How well I remember that ID4 restoration. How well I remember almost falling off of that bloody thing on several occasions. And it's too wierd to see you without that ponytail. LOL.

I remember thinking that the ID4 ship model might collapse at any moment because it was so fragile :eek
Our final repair job turned out great :thumbsup

Believe me, working without the Long hair now, is much easier in this Heat, since I've been working outdoors recently..

How's it going Darcy?

<div class='quotetop'>(ShezaPropstitute @ Jul 8 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]1276532[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jul 7 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1276258[/snapback]
I Quit Icons around the time they started stalling us on our paychecks and offering us product as compensation instead of late fees, that was around the time they were prototyping the LIS Robot and the Predator Spear
[/b]

Dude, they didn't "stall" our paychecks -- they cast them out of spare silicone.

*Bouncy - bouncy - bouncy.*

How well I remember that ID4 restoration. How well I remember almost falling off of that bloody thing on several occasions. And it's too wierd to see you without that ponytail. LOL.
[/b][/quote]

Hi to all. happy to see that the name ICONS is followed by such reactions....good or bad.

For my point of view, we musn't forget that ICONS was the first ever society to fabric fully authorized and licensed (beautiful) replicas. Handmade in USA, by talented american artisans (the less we can say....I think propscultor will agree with me). ICONS opened the door to hundreds of other societies, doing the same job but sometimes with less quality. Who was the first to make signature edition with pictures of the artist signing the plaques ??? Who was the first to make big scale replicas (TIE fighter and X-wing, BSG Viper...) ??? Who was the first to make some wardrobe replicas (even if it's not known by public) ???

We musn't forget that another (now) big replicas company, is making some replicas with ICONS molds....like TOS Klingon Disruptor for exemple.

We musn't forget that ICONS was a young company when Banks went in to put in Wall Street and asked to James Latta to buy a maximum of license to make a maximum of money. A fatale error but an error of someone young in business (to my taste).

I think if James Latta had known all of this before....he certainly would had done it differently. He lost all his personal and huge props collection to remburse practically all money to people asking for it.

I certainly don't know everything but we must be careful of what we say, what we read on the net. It's easy to make a bad reputation to someone. We all have lost some money.....if now we've got a problem with that, we won't order anymore products anywhere.

Icons took about $3,000 from me. I received no product-no apologies- no replies.

Master Replicas success and solid business practice has almost made me forget about it...almost.

For historical purposes, I should point out that Latta usually shows up in these threads, though seldom announces his identity. So be careful what you say, and be more careful with what you read.

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Jul 8 2006, 05:49 AM) [snapback]1276595[/snapback]</div>
Icons took about $3,000 from me. I received no product-no apologies- no replies.

Master Replicas success and solid business practice has almost made me forget about it...almost.
[/b]
I concur...

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jul 7 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1276258[/snapback]</div>
My Ponytail is now long gone since I got married. I didn't want to look like a Hippy in my Wedding Photos so I surprised my wife by cutting off my hair the Day before the Wedding. :D
She was VERY surprised.
[/b]

I know how it is.

While I did'nt marry her I cut mine off years ago for my Fiance. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(fredo2x @ Jul 8 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]1276583[/snapback]</div>
He lost all his personal and huge props collection to remburse practically all money to people asking for it.
[/b]

:rolleyes Riiigghhtt. :rolleyes

Defending Jim Latta will get you NO respect on this board.

Hey, maybe you ICONS guys can help identify this saber I have. I bought it of a boardie and would like to know if it really is an Icons and maybe get some more info on it.
ebay_335.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jul 8 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1276611[/snapback]</div>
For historical purposes, I should point out that Latta usually shows up in these threads, though seldom announces his identity. So be careful what you say, and be more careful with what you read.
[/b]

Funny how new user fredo2x's posts serve the singular purpose of defending Icons, and particularly Latta's reputation.

Yes, but fredo2x is writing from France....not in US.

And for Apollo, I'm not defending anyone here. Mr Latta is old enough to defend himself.
Just giving my ponit of view....if it's not yours, no problem Sir. Here in France, anybody has got the right to say what he thinks. That's liberty of opinion.

Ah yes, I'm not searching respect on this board. Just amazed by these excellent artisans who can make wonderful replicas for us. So I'm here to tell them how their work impress myself. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Jul 8 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1276595[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

Dito. Everytime I read the name Icons I have to think about a lot of money that I have lost.... but some Behind the scene shots would be great as I´ll at least able to see the things that I ordered :cry

Btw, Didn´t illusive Concepts offer Prop replicas (Yoda, Rancor and Han) about the same time or even earlier than icons? And what about DP?

Domenik

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth_Pain @ Jul 8 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]1276713[/snapback]</div>
Hey, maybe you ICONS guys can help identify this saber I have. I bought it of a boardie and would like to know if it really is an Icons and maybe get some more info on it.
ebay_335.jpg

[/b]

From what I know....It's DEFINATELY NOT an ICONS.

<div class='quotetop'>(Vegeta @ Jul 8 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1276770[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I used to have one and that´s def. not an Icons Obi Wan

Domenik

<div class='quotetop'>(Lello999 @ Jul 8 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1276772[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Vegeta @ Jul 8 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1276770[/snapback]
[/b]

I used to have one and that´s def. not an Icons Obi Wan

Domenik
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, it's supposed to be a Luke/Obi hybrid.

fredo2x may just be trying to be diplomatic about the whole situation if it isn't Jim, or who knows it may be one of Jim's few remaining "Friends" (If he has any).
The last I heard about Jim was that he's living/hiding out in Las Vegas.

The line that I found interesting was this, "I certainly don't know everything but we must be careful of what we say, what we read on the net. It's easy to make a bad reputation to someone". Well in Jim's case he did it to himself, Jim was the one who ran the company into the ground, no-one else had sole ownership of the company but him after the other owner left.

"I think if James Latta had known all of this before....he certainly would had done it differently".

How do you know, did you work with him, are you a friend of his? I did know him very well, AND worked with him and I really DOUBT IT.. Jim's Not that Smart.

Darth_Pain just from looking at the photo, it doesn't look like an Icons Obi Saber,
it's a nice Saber but there are some details missing from the Saber.
The part in this pic is smooth on your saber:
icons-obiwan9.jpg

And look at the end of the saber and you can see the differences:
icons-obiwan8.jpg

(Photos by Chris/Terminator Crazy, thanks for having these available for all to see.)

As far as the Financial Records go, my guess is that the IRS has them, or Copies of them...

<div class='quotetop'>(Benign Robot @ Jul 8 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]1276729[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jul 8 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1276611[/snapback]
[/b]

Funny how new user fredo2x's posts serve the singular purpose of defending Icons, and particularly Latta's reputation.
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jul 8 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]1276782[/snapback]</div>
fredo2x may just be trying to be diplomatic about the whole situation if it isn't Jim, or who knows it may be one of Jim's few remaining "Friends" (If he has any).
The last I heard about Jim was that he's living/hiding out in Las Vegas.

The line that I found interesting was this, "I certainly don't know everything but we must be careful of what we say, what we read on the net. It's easy to make a bad reputation to someone". Well in Jim's case he did it to himself, Jim was the one who ran the company into the ground, no-one else had sole ownership of the company but him after the other owner left.

"I think if James Latta had known all of this before....he certainly would had done it differently".

How do you know, did you work with him, are you a friend of his? I did know him very well, AND worked with him and I really DOUBT IT.. Jim's Not that Smart.

Darth_Pain just from looking at the photo, it doesn't look like an Icons Obi Saber,
it's a nice Saber but there are some details missing from the Saber.
The part in this pic is smooth on your saber:
icons-obiwan9.jpg

And look at the end of the saber and you can see the differences:
icons-obiwan8.jpg

(Photos by Chris/Terminator Crazy, thanks for having these available for all to see.)

As far as the Financial Records go, my guess is that the IRS has them, or Copies of them...

<div class='quotetop'>(Benign Robot @ Jul 8 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]1276729[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jul 8 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1276611[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Thank You Propsculptor for your comments about Latta... :thumbsup I'm sure you feel for all of us who were ripped off :( & also you guys working for him & not getting paid for your dedication & hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>(fredo2x @ Jul 8 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1276744[/snapback]</div>
And for Apollo, I'm not defending anyone here. Mr Latta is old enough to defend himself.
Just giving my ponit of view....if it's not yours, no problem Sir. Here in France, anybody has got the right to say what he thinks. That's liberty of opinion.
[/b]

No problem Bro, but I gotta tell you, you might want to do some more reading up on the Icon's fiasco so you will have a better informed opinion. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back