Icons noisy cricket

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just now, for all you icons fans out there. I just saw what is listed as an original noisy cricket prototype with its display case, from icons on eBay. If your an icons fan you should check it out, I’ve had a few of their lightsabers in my time. Though I know those are way easier to find then this. I just want to ask does anyone have an estimate of the icons noisy crickets that made it out, or even the amount of prototypes made.

Thanks.

If its the one I just saw on Ebay......I dont think thats an Icons one. The Icons version was chrome finish, not weathered.

Hahaha, no question is dumb. But no.

The case looks like an Icons case but I you look closer at the pictures it looks like a horrible brass casting off of some mystery cricket.

The Icons cricket was my very first prop replica so it holds a special place in my heart. As mentioned, the one I see on eBay is definitely not from icons. Apart from the finish, the screws used are all wrong. If anything, this might have been cast from the icons cricket and finished using random hardware from around the house (it looks like a few flat head screws were used)

I sold my cricket years ago for $450. However, this was before the Factory Entertainment crickets came out so it might be worth less today

Hope this helps

As stated above, that is an Icons case but that cricket...wow!
The Icons cricket used to fetch quite a bit back in the day. When they went under I believe the remaining parts to make the crickets was purchased by Unobtainium. They offered a few now the Icons price drops on the secondary market. Then Unobtainium went under. THEIR remaining stock fell into private hands the individual prop builders sold MANY of them on the web. Now Factory Entertainment offers them. This is not taking into account all of the talented individuals who cast and machined their own versions and offered those up as well. With that being said, I don't think the original Icons cricket holds nearly as much value as it used to, unless, of course, if you're an Icons collector.

*Disclaimer: these are the events as I remember them. Much of this could have been gossip or heresy. I simply pass on half-baked information while taking no responsibility for it. :lol

It seems another cricket supposedly from icons has appeared again, the major difference is that is as described from the above posts,(meaning it’s chome painted) and has the icons branded silver prototype plaque. It looks pretty legitimate, and the seller has been a member for quite some time on eBay.(since1999) just curious as to what you guys may think.

Thanks.

It could be, I mean he is a longtime eBay member, then again (there are a lot of those) after looking through it looks like he mainly sells hot toy figures.

Link or seller id......I can't see the auction ???

I know "Plasmainfusion" sells some Icons stuff on ebay currently !!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back