I ROBOT - 1:1 N-S5 Bust Mods

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dmpsk8

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So here's a fun project I've been fiddling with.

Last week I picked up a lifesize I,ROBOT Sonny bust. This was the model from the Japanese DVD release. I always thought this thing had major potential, though I wasn't a huge fan of the factory finish.

Now, if you're a stickler for 100% screen accuracy, don't bother scrolling down because I took a few creative liberties here. I've been thinking of this as a "prototype N-S5." I wanted something that had less friendly feel. So...

The face was stripped clear (slow and painful process) then repainted. The inner skull details have been completely reworked. After much experimentation, I settled on gloss black eyes. They just made the bust feel so much more intense, especially compared to the original painted "Sonny" eyes. The base was weighted with steel for a heavier feel. The statue was way to light out of the box. I really considered filling in the DVD storage door, but opted against it. It's in the back, and it's not hurting anyone.

Added a bunch of little refinements, and I think the end result is pretty neat. Check him out:

I, ROBOT
N-S5 Prototype Bust

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.