I need some help with wrist blade info.

What length should they be. Blade length not counting the mounts.

• 8"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10"

• 12"

• 14"

• 16"

• 18"

• Total voters

Darkwolf1

Hey guys I came across a unique opportunity today. A buddy of mine owns a machine shop and he has a little down time and he asked what I have going on. I told him about my suit build and the lair etc...etc....etc.... and he was asking what I need for my suit that was not to complex. I told him blades for a gauntlet would be nice but that they can not be metal for safety and such. He said if it's plastic he should make something repeatable so he is going to CNC out a aluminum mold for blades so I can resin cast them in resin or whatever not that I know how to do that yet but I will figure it out :) . I would like to make them fairly universal so I can offer them here on the lair. What length would be the most useful. Also if you would like to submit a drawing of the blades you want and I use your drawing I'll send you your blades free of charge. Before someone jumps on me and says that I'm trying to steal someones design do not even bother. That's not who I am. I will design them myself without issue but I thought this could be fun involve the lair and make it more personal. Please if you post a design nothing too crazy as it has to be put into the CNC machine as well. Anyway I was not even sure where to post this but I figure it's about sharp pointy things so here it is.

Really? I figured people would be all over this. Anyway, Im gonna try and draw something up tonight for you Darkwolf, If no buddy else wants an opportunity like this, Im def down to churn some ideas out. Hope this gets more than 2 votes :)

Thanks buddy. I was already aware of that thread though. I'm looking to the lair for what the best length and best design would be for overall use. It is a chance for something new and custom in the blade category. Thank you for your input though. Please feel free to submit a design of your own if you wish.

Well heres what I have come up with thus far. sorry for the shitey quality, My scanners kinda a POS, and its sharpie lol

SCAN0003.jpg

SCAN0003.jpg

Well heres what I have come up with thus far. sorry for the shitey quality, My scanners kinda a POS, and its sharpie lol

Wow very ornate! I'll let you know. I'm thinking of doing multiple blade styles but the cost of machine work is not too bad not sure how much the resin is going to be.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back