Hunter's prey progress thread--~~UPDATE~~--

if i might suggest one thing... do something to your shins besides just painting them to hide the fact that they're baseball guards. right now it's blatantly obvious.

I agree. You could take some foamies and add layers and more detail to the gaurds. Very cheap and will make them look more the part. Weather them bad boys up and roll out.

I know I should doctor them up a bit more, but right now, I don't have the time... they'll have to wait until after WWC.

For now, I call it done.... I'm not wearing the black sweats, but it works. o_O The bio won't sit right... need to p[lay with it a bit more... I'll be going without it for WWC.... it's just too risky with my vision impaired as much as it is, much less the way the magnets messed up the way hte mask and helemt line up.

GUESSWHO003.jpg

GUESSWHO008.jpg

GUESSWHO005.jpg

Mom got one when I was adjusting the dreads..... In the final verison, my skin won't be seen due to the pants.
GUESSWHO007.jpg

and a shot of the dragon gaunt with bomb:
gaunts004.jpg

I also did not have time to attach my neck ring substitute, so....

So, does this qualify me for a spot in the "completed suit" thread?

Looks cool lad!!
Impediatly something came in my mind...Roman decurion or...footsoldier in the Middle ages. When you weather the armor a bit more you'll look like a Roman decurion lad.
Cool!!

Impediatly something came in my mind...Roman decurion or...footsoldier in the Middle ages. When you weather the armor a bit more you'll look like a Roman decurion lad.
This armor has been beat up in actually fighting, so it's plenty weathered.

I'm just going to let the shins and gaunts weather naturally.

It's not as good as I'd like, but it is pretty decent.

I also have a new blade setup.... they appear to be made from a Xenomorph shell.... they're made to look retracted because I can't see sh!t in this mask and I don't wanna hurt myself because I can't see.

I'm not going to risk wearing the bio tomorrow due to the wierd way it sits on the mask.... the magnet really f*cked up the way it fits.....

The way I intend to do the ultimate version will be an AVP-styled armor with a P2/AVP 2-toned color scheme.

Dude - Seems to me that you're being slack with your suit.
Take the extra leap man, make your suit the best it can be with the materials you have, in the time you have.

You can easily make those shin guards look Predator-ish with some, foam, hot glue, and some paint.

Well, since WWC is done, I'll be sure to get right on that.

I'm going to leave the shinguards so I can use them with my SCA armor in combat.

I only had $75 to get everything complelted as well as my pass.... only to find that there was an exhibitor pass awaiting me.....

If we can get a refund for our $28, I'll put it toward upgrading this even more.

here's a shot from the con... only one I was able to find of the full suit:

dsc_9466.jpg

I know it's not great, but I personally think it's as complete as it'll be for the time being....

Think I can get a spot on the "completed suit" thread yet?

alright.. finally did soemthing.. I just grabbed one of the voice-changers fro walmart's toy aisle....

it's not that bad for $6 and it actually works
I'm going to give it a try this halloween at a local haunted hayride attraction.

Well, I got bored and started working on the thigh, groin, and butt armor. The templates I had saved came out too small.... I didn't know how to resize them, so I improvised.

I used linoleum for everything... yes, that's right, the same rubbery crap used for flooring. My first costume was made of linoleum and it hasn't failed me yet...

it will all be sprayed the hammered copper of my shinguards when I'm done. I also have hte AVP buckle that I hand painted.... didn't have a color scheme in mind for the buckle, just wanted to have fun. it'll go on once the rest of the belt setup is painted.

front:
01_02_09_004.jpg

right side:
01_02_09_005.jpg

back
01_02_09_006.jpg

left side
01_02_09_007.jpg

I'm sure you noticed the gap between the groin armor and the left thigh plate.. the reason for that is that I always do the "crouch" pose with my left foot leading.... the gap is to give me some extra mobility with it, as show here.

01_02_09_008.jpg

I'll paint it whenever the weather cooperates with me.... which I'm hoping will be soon.

In case you're wondering how I connect it, I used industrial-strength velcro as a closure between the groin and right thigh plate. the buckle will had the seam once I attach it :D

the plates are superglued onto a strip of linoleum that is about 3 inches wide and long enough to wrap around my natural waistline and overlap slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
the main reason I'm reworking it is that the other armor is a little restrictive.... plus when you hvae a Boba Fett with the 501st walk up and tell you to "stop moving around, you're making too much damn noise," you know you need to modify :eek: I was the only pred with no stealth at the convention :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back