HP3 Marauders Map

I have paper that looks very accurate, but honestly if I do this piece it would be just for me, I don't think I could price it where it would be affordable to the masses.

Anyone have scans of the $10 map? I may start on one of my own and put it up as a free paper prop. But I need some ref of the inside. High res would be awesome. So have we agreed that 18x8 is the right dimensions?

Ps: I e-mailed Anheuser and sadly, he said that he had stopped working on props = (

Anheuser was working on one, but he hasn't posted here since 2006.

Yeah he stopped working on it.

I Made a test map on just plain paper and 13.5 is how big it is in the movie. (I think) 18 inches is much to large in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yeah he stopped working on it.

I Made a test map on just plain paper and 13.5 is how big it is in the movie. (I think) 18 inches is much to large in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Everyone came up with 18 by 8 which looks right, because it sure as heck looks larger than 2 inches longer than a regular sheet paper

Everyone came up with 18 by 8 which looks right, because it sure as heck looks larger than 2 inches longer than a regular sheet paper

yeah you're right but from pictures of people holding it in the movie and compared to me holding my test map. 18 inches looks too big. oh well you guys are probably right.

I estimate around 18-20 separate page/sections to do this justice. I’m about 80% complete on correcting the scans taken from the “pen” map and have done some work on a few more invented/ glimpsed pages.

This needs to be a group project tho, so if anyone with either the skills (photoshop) or resources (screengrabs) wants to drop me a line with a view to helping out or joining forces, PLEASE be my guest.

I estimate around 18-20 separate page/sections to do this justice. I’m about 80% complete on correcting the scans taken from the “pen” map and have done some work on a few more invented/ glimpsed pages.

This needs to be a group project tho, so if anyone with either the skills (photoshop) or resources (screengrabs) wants to drop me a line with a view to helping out or joining forces, PLEASE be my guest.

What kind of help you need? I might be able to help. also on the HP website there is a virtual map that is pretty helpful.

Borders has a set of three action figures (Harry, Hermione, Ron) that comes with a small version of the Marauder's Map. I didn't buy it, but I thought I'd pass along the info...

In case anyone's wondering how the game map looks like, here are some pics of mine:

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Here's the FLY "wax seal" on the front:
DSC00312.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone see the small map that comes with the Border's exclusive action figures. I heard it mentioned here, but has anyone actually seen one?

Also, Border's had a wall banner which was the cover of the map for $13.00. That would be a great reference.

That game map looks great!!

Nice, but what am I looking at?

Is this the map from the action figure set? What are the dimensions?

Thanx for the pix.:thumbsup

Hey guys, My little brother put in the HP Prisoner of Azkaban last night and there were some great close ups on the disk 2 menu, do you guys know if this is accurate? Because if it is I may start on trying to get some screen shots and post them up on here. How are those scans going on the game map?

:I just looked at those pics of the game map, and they are different from the movie menu. I may go back and watch the movie again and see if the game one or the menu one is closer. I'm planning on building off of where "Division 6" had done, I may start this week end but I'm not sure yet. Anyone know what the font was that "division 6" had used? I don't want to go searching through all the pages again.:rolleyes

Hey guys,

I just finished my "test" map to try out the proportions and such. I'm actually very satisfied with it. I messed up on the two inner flaps but it's a test map so it's not very important. Let me know what you guys think! Also when I do finish this it will be 56" Long! witch it huge, do you know if Kinkos can print something this big? And it'll also be 4 parts and then assembled together.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back