Howard Studios 1:1 Reeve Superman bust painted

DanPerezStudios

I just completed this for a client. The bust does not have the costume detail--I sculpted that with epoxy putty. The costume details have a cloth texture--you really can't see it in the photos. This was a neat project as I am a fan of the Chris Reeve Superman. Heck, I might get one of these for myself!

reeve-superman-lo.jpg

reeve-superman2-lo.jpg

reeve-superman3-lo.jpg

A very nice piece certainly, but it is inappropriate to display it with that emblem IMHO.

You make it sound like he killed someone for Gods sake! There's nothing inappropriate about it. If his client is happy - end of story.

It's a Superman symbol is it not!?

I think it looks great.

Geez

I don't really have a problem with the paintjob, I'm just not a fan of the sculpt. :unsure

Dan,

I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to offend. You are absolutely right, if your customer is happy that is what counts. Sometimes I speak without thinking.

The Howard sculpt is amazing. There are others true, but this is the one for me.

Don't agree about the 'flatness' of colour. Not everything has to be shiny, my skin is barely satin.

Each to his own though I guess.

Well done :)

The Howard sculpt is amazing. There are others true, but this is the one for me.

Don't agree about the 'flatness' of colour. Not everything has to be shiny, my skin is barely satin.

Each to his own though I guess.

Well done :)

by flatness i meant lack of depth, not shiness.
the best reeve superman is by far the one chris king did months ago. i believe everyone that saw it agreed that was the best ever. wish i had that one!

by flatness i meant lack of depth, not shiness.
the best reeve superman is by far the one chris king did months ago. i believe everyone that saw it agreed that was the best ever. wish i had that one!

So because everyone's not "the best," you prefer to drop into topics to say something negative about their work--nice approach...

Thanks to all who have made positive comments. I don't mind constructive criticism, but I was a bit taken aback at the negativity in this forum toward a new poster. Kinda makes a guy not want to post anything else or participate much in any discussions, either.

Its a great sculpt, and a great paintjob, i'd ignore the naysayers, theres so many people on here nowadays that your bound to come across someone who doesn't like something, half the time if its not star wars related your posts will be ignored anyhow, but i like the job you've done and the additions

Just for clarity Cking Commisoned the piece I believe but did not sculpt it..
and Yes a fine piece.

Anyway..My personal opinion is that you have done a fine job and it is a pity the reception has not been warmer for you, just to keep it honest though, there are visual differences ....but nevertheless :thumbsup Keep your chin up also.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back