Howard Bust P1 *FINISHED*

syborwolf

Nothing that hasn't been done b4, but.... I am painting up this Howard bust for practice on color, spot pattern and overall accuracy to the Predator 1 hero.
I want to get it as close to right as I can b4 I move on to the Morris head. I recently aquired a full P1 pred and will be doing up the whole thing with the same colors and spots,
trying to make it as accurate to the Screen used Pred as possible.
Here are a few pics of where I am at now on the Howard Bust. I'd say about 70% done.
Any Suggestions and/or Comments welcome.
Thanks, Joe
The Pics:
DSCF2299copy.jpg

DSCF2310copylg.jpg

DSCF2313lg.jpg

DSCF2308copy.jpg

DSCF2299copy.jpg

DSCF2310copylg.jpg

DSCF2313lg.jpg

DSCF2308copy.jpg

Nice progress pics.I love Howards sculpt I'm still not completely sold out on the morris head due to the mouth seam but I would liek to have one and work on that problem. can't wait to see it finished.I like your albino pred a lot!!

The only critique I have is that the V-shaped dots seem to merge into one (at the bottom) rather than staying separate in the middle all the way down.

Thanks for the comments and critiques guys!
I fixed the bottom center of the widows peak and started finishing off the mouth. I will be painting the eyes and glossing the skin next. Any suggestions and comments welcome.
A few pics of how it sits now, taken with flash.
DSCF2325copy1s.jpg

DSCF2326copy1s.jpg

DSCF2331copy1s.jpg

DSCF2345copy1s.jpg

DSCF2325copy1s.jpg

DSCF2326copy1s.jpg

DSCF2331copy1s.jpg

DSCF2345copy1s.jpg

Wow very nice Job... Turned out amazing, Id say vein the mouth more. But other then that dude came out Badass!!!

Nice work bud :)
I liek the eyes.care to tell us how you did them?
my only crit is on the tusks.I would blend the colors a lil more. stellar work.you're going to knock that morris head out of the park! :)

Added Quills and am custom fitting some small sideburn dreds....which I probably should have done b4 the paintwork...ah live and learn.
The eyes....I just used a very tiny brush and hand painted on the sculpted eyes in many layers. Some of the paint I used quite thick to give depth. I think it actually is backward to real life eyes, but it looks alright and better than flat.
pics with the quills:
DSCF2576copysm.jpg

DSCF2578copysm.jpg

DSCF2573copysm.jpg

I may add some more quills along the jaw line on each side....don't know yet.

DSCF2576copysm.jpg

DSCF2578copysm.jpg

DSCF2573copysm.jpg

What can I say but this paint up is outstanding and if this your test piece, I can't wait to see your Morris paint up. And if your not happy with one as it is a test piece then send it to me and I'll be very happy with it....haha. Keep up the great work mate....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back