How does Chavant compare to Klean Clay?

Skullsplitter

Sr Member
I recently started sculpting, and although the Pelikan Plastilin get's it done, I found it's properties less than expected, so I'm about to buy me a nice batch of clay so I can build some more awesome stuff.

I've had some klean clay samples in my cupboard for over a year now, and I think it's quite good stuff, but it's on par with Chavant, price-wise. I'm curious what you guys can tell me about it :)

Personally i prefer Chavant, i found the Klean clay alittle too sticky for my liking, plus its not fond of my little flame gun/torch, ( which i happen to love )

Its a trade off as i think klean is slightly cheaper. ( over here anyway.)

Having said that i have only sculpted 2 small things in klean, so maybe i am not giving it a fair chance, but being as i know how chavant reacts i have to say i am happy using that, i guess for me it is a case of, "better the devil you know".

sorry i do not think i have actually helped there...........

Well, you did actually, the stickiness is an issue I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

Chavant I can get in Amsterdam, Klean needs to be imported. It IS cheaper, for a full box its around 150 euro's, whereas Chavant would set me back 190 for a box.

Well, you did actually, the stickiness is an issue I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

Chavant I can get in Amsterdam, Klean needs to be imported. It IS cheaper, for a full box its around 150 euro's, whereas Chavant would set me back 190 for a box.

The stickiness that happens from chavant is from heating it up too much. The medium clay is very firm. Id say sculpt with wed clay if you can find it.

Not too keen on water-based sadly, but I know you can do some marvellous stuff with it. Haven't tried Chavant yet, but probably will go with either medium or soft NSP.

klean all the way with me you can get awesome detail out of it but I haven't used chavant so I can't comment on chavant but I
reckon personally klean is a good beginners stuff cheap and really easy to get sculpting :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back